“Fantastic sushi great service”
Review of Kappa Sushi

Kappa Sushi
Ranked #2,461 of 4,848 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed March 25, 2014

whether you go here for catching up with old friends or quick business meetings the places a great atmosphere that doesn't get too rowdy and has great food.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have been getting sushi here for several years now always take out as I live very close by. My orders are always ready on time, and are just as fresh as can be. Taste wise the food here is on the par of sushi restaurants that charge a lot more. The uni is fresh and creamy and all the rolls and everything on the menu is just awesome. For me though it is the staff that really keeps me coming back. They are always happy to see you, they know their regulars and greet them by name and they are just the best. This has been our go to Friday night go to place for several years and it will continue to be so.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

After visiting four other sushi placed in San Diego, I did not have high hopes for this visit. However, I was very surprised by the quality of the food. The seaweed salad was one of the best, containing four different types of seaweed. The sushi platter was fresh. The sushi chef was very friendly; she gave us a history of the place. My nine year old enjoyed the large Tofus in his Misi soup.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I lived in Tokyo for nearly 20 years, and in Hong Kong for 7 years. I'm pretty familiar with OK, sushi, good sushi, and OMG that was good sushi! I live in Oregon now, but my daughter lives in La Jolla, so I visit the San Diego area 4-6 times a year.
Kappa Sushi is on our dine-out list every time and NEVER disappoints. I can close my eyes, forget that I'm actually sitting in a strip mall, and imagine the Ginza.
They will even make your selection with brown rice on request. Don't miss the ahi tacos, the K roll, the kitchen sink... heck, come often enough that you can eventually try everything. Nothing I've found outside of Asia compares to Kappa Sushi!

2  Thank krouset
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have been twice! The first time was great so we returned and had a not so good experience. In Scripps the restaurant is quite small especially on a Friday night with a line outside and NO outside seating, these guys sat people at the Sushi Bar with One seat opened between people.
We asked if they would asked the patrons to move over a seat so they could seat two more ( they were just seated!) and his answer was....that would be rude! Then he sat us, and immediately asked us to move down a seat! RUDE
Asking for better service please!