“Great food and atmosphere”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Randy Jones All American Sports Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 11, 2013

W d went here 2 of the 4 nights we were in San Deigo. Jessyka handled us the second night, and despite being there for 12 hours she was pleasant and attentive. Food is terrific, great place to watch a game, with TONS of parking. Located right across the street from the San Diego trolley, and adjacent to the Doubletree Hilton Mission valley hotel

Reviewed September 13, 2013

About what you expect for a sports bar. We had an over cooked steak, and over cooked burger, some pretty good pulled pork and good drinks. The least they could do is grill the burger buns. The white bread buns were so awful, I just didn't eat them. But the place was packed and we had a good time anyway.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Sorry Randy was a great pitcher but his restaurant is a balk. Four of us ate there and all had something different and only one person was a little ok with their food. Randy needs to get off the bench and get in the game and maybe try some of his food to taste what he's serving up.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The food is nothing fancy. Keep your expectations reasonable and you wont be disappointed, but I don't think I'd go again. Kinda expensive for mediocre food. The nearby Applebee's might be a better choice.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stopped for a quick lunch in between appointments and were seated promptly. We ordered the hummus plate to share for an appetizer. Two kinds of hummus, one was spicy and both were delicious and flavorful served with pita wedges, carrot and celery sticks. The three of us devoured the entire plate. My lunch was warmed brie and turkey on a soft roll. The turkey was just ok, the brie and caramelized onions saved it. I detected only the tiniest flavor of bacon but the arugula was nice as was the flavorful lemon-thyme aioli. Roasted apples just made the bread soggy. The abundant side of house made potato chips were delightful. I would try something different should we stop here again. I did take half home and had it for dinner, soggy bread and all. The menu had a lot of interesting options, however, as a picky eater, a lot of dishes contained ingredients I avoid such as goat cheese and artichoke hearts. I'm sure the kitchen could have accommodated change requests but our time was limited and I didn't want to risk it. I requested water and unfortunately it did have a strong chlorine taste. Our daughter ordered the salmon spinach salad and loved it! I had a bite and agreed it was delightful. The citrus vinaigrette pulled the flavors together beautifully and the salmon was not the slightest bit fishy. My husband had the fish and chips and said it was good but the batter too heavy for his taste. I tasted one of his potato chips and thought had been fried in the same oil as his fish. Not good. He didn't seem to mind, probably since he was eating fish. I enjoyed a bite of the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake which was beautifully presented and my daughter admitted she wanted to lick the plate clean. So all in all, the menu has something for everyone and the offerings are above average for uniqueness at a sports bar and grill. The service was exceptional.