New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Street Side Thai Kitchen
Ranked #671 of 4,615 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles
“Excellent flavors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

This place has excellent menu choices and flavors. The service is great. The ambiance is nice along with its neighborhood location.

• Visited June 2012

Canada
“Flawless, affordable, and popular with locals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

On a visit to San Diego, friends living there suggested we eat at Street Side Thai Kitchen near 30th and University (on University Ave headed east toward the 805 freeway) when I told them I craved Thai food. So they took us there and there were six of us. This place did not disappoint! Great decor and the service was fast. When the order came (and the rice came timely WITH the meal not later on as in many restaurants) my side-order of an extra bowl of white rice (to go along with the brown rice that I ordered with dinner, you can choose between them as they come with the entrees). That was immediately remedied -- and I just hate it when I need extra rice with Asian food and it takes 'forever' for it to come out from the kitchen. Whoever I asked just went back and got it right away.

Everything was hot and tasted delicious. Two people ordered chicken and beef dishes that they raved about. Four of us ate vegetarian entrees and all was good. I ordered a fried tofu in curry and vegetables (can't remember what they named the dish) and it was great.

I totally over-ate that night, but still slept like a baby overnight. The entrees were priced at eight or nine dollars for dinner, and included a bowl of rice (the brown rice was superb, which is rather unusual I think in a restaurant) and so was the white). I was told they have great lunch specials as well that are around six dollars but I did not see that menu.

• Visited January 2012
San Diego, California
“Hottest Eats Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

Always looking for different places to eat. Hubby loves spicey food!

Visited December 2011