“Everyone agreed this place was GREAT!”
Review of J Wok

J Wok
Ranked #900 of 4,870 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed May 31, 2014

There were four very different palate people and we all thoroughly enjoyed the food. Great portions and the staff was attentive and pleasant. Egg rolls - nice and crispy. Miso soup was a generous portion and nice chunks of tofu. Mix vegetables were cooked perfect, not mushy. House fried rice had lots of goodies in it including peas (which I love in my fried rice). The pad thai was very good, but one of our friends said it needed to be a bit more spicy for his tastes and the other person who ordered it thought it had just enough spiciness to it. Overall, just the portions alone for the money is terrific and now throw in the Excellent staff and you got yourself the makings of a most enjoyable meal!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Good food, ate here only once, but the service was awesome, thanks. Amber. Everyone was very friendly...

The food can be very spicy, so be warned...

Good value, cute decor, easy walk from 5th Av and Market.

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

I am lazy and never write reviews however this deserves one. The staff were extremely friendly, the meals were excellent and were big proportions, and the price was very reasonable.

We are traveling from Australia and will definitely return while we are in San Diego!

Well done!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Downtown in Gaslamp area...great Asian fusion food and large servings...I had enough to take back to my hostel for a second meal. I had the mixed grill dish.

1  Thank MissLindaD
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

My hubby & I popped in here on Friday evening. James recommended a few dishes- the garlic wings...awesome & the fried rice with lump crab (crab was cold & hubby doesn't care for cold crab) it is very popular but we switched for the chicken fried rice, which we absolutely loved. Great upbeat vibe. Two thumbs up. Excellent service! We will be back.