“Not Fancy but Good Food”

Taste of the Himalayas
Ranked #552 of 4,744 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Antas, Spain
“Not Fancy but Good Food”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went with friends who are vegetarians, we are meat eaters, we all had a great meal. My lamb dish was particularily good it was hot as i like it and full of flavour. The Golab Jamin were exceptional in fact the last time i had them as good was in a restaurant in New Delhi, India. The premisies are a bit basic, but the food makes up for that. the staff were very attentive and welcoming. Well worth a visit

• Visited February 2013

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Overconfident”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Again this came as a highly recommended restaurant. Our turn came after a wait of 20 minutes. We hurriedly placed order. We were four buy they provided two complimentary dal soup. We in fact also placed order for dal. So, we asked them to change the order and they were not happy. My son found a piece of hair in roti and we brought it to their attention. Neither they apologized nor they were happy changing bread. So, we did not have a pleasant experience.

1 Thank Darewalk
San Diego
“Excellent cuisine in an unlikely location!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner at this little restaurant that sits in an unassuming spot in a strip mall on Midway. Dont let outside apperance color your opinion. The Indiian and Nepalese cuisine was first rate, the service was kind and prices reasonable. We will be back.

• Visited January 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Indian Food. Great value for lunch”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Decided to try Taste of Himalayas after seeing good reviews. Glad I did. Lunch combo was great value. I believe I paid $6.95 for soup, 2 side entrees, rice, naan, and mango lassi. I order Tikki and curry chicken. Both were excellent, but at 7 out of 10 on spice the Tikki made me sweat. (I like it spicey) I would go for 5 or 6 on spice next time.

Service was great, food was fresh and overall great meal with my wife. Will go there again when I'm back in San Diego,

• Visited November 2012
san Diego
“Best Indian in San Diego!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This tiny little restraunt will blow your mind! This place uses fresh ingredients :) The food is never pre-made, even the chutney and plums sauce (most places have the stuff pre-made and keep refrigerating the sauces, giving you cold sauce) The garlic naan is AMAZING. The lunch is the best deal in town. For $8.99, you get soup, chose two dishes, rice, and naan. Can't beat it! Indian is my favorite cuisine, I would not stray you my friends....try this place!

Visited November 2012