All reviews pancake machine typical hie denny s breakfast room yogurt hotel is conveniently located would definitely stay here again slept great sized room hard boiled eggs breakfast staff front desk clerk minute drive air conditioner hotel staff rooms are spacious easy access
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2019

Our family just returned from a holiday trip in San Diego. I am going to start by saying I know one of the days we stayed was on New Years Eve. Since it was a holiday no one was available to help us when the hotel had issues. This score is not based on the workers there during our stay.

When we checked into our hotel it was a cold, windy day in San Diego. It was about 48 degrees when we checked in. When we turned on the heat it made a loud squeaking sound. There was no way to ignore the sound. I immediately went to the front desk to ask to change rooms or get it fixed. I was told that the hotel was all booked and the maintenance guy was not available. When I asked what options we had she told me she didn't know what we could do. The only idea she had was to turn off the heater. When we did that it got uncomfortably cold in the room. We were all sleeping with our coat on. After talking to the front desk a few more times she went next door to another hotel to get us a blanket and head phones to block out some of the noise. We were told at that time that our night would be taken care of and we could move rooms the next day.
The next day we asked to talk to a manager multiple times but never got to talk to him. We were also told that the maintenance guy would be in our room first thing. When we left for the day(at 11:30) he had not shown up. Upon returning to the hotel we turned the heater on at about 11:00p.m. and found that the heater was still broken. When we talked to the manager the next day he finally moved us rooms and told us we would get points back for the day. We only got 2,000 points back. Not enough to do anything with (a room is 20,000 points).
I love Holiday Inns Express. It is always our "go to" hotel. I have never felt as stuck as I did this week. I felt like nobody was able to help us when we needed it most. It was very heartbreaking. I have had enough good experiences at Holiday Inn that I will go to another one in the future. But I would have a hard time recommending this place to anyone else.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank buckeye4life1112
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Stayed recently for 1 night. Hotel is conveniently located and has enough parking space.

Arrived late but service at front desk was still good.

Rooms are well equipped and up to par with IHG standards. Breakfast area is well maintained and breakfast is included. WIFI is of good quality and free.

All together nice hotel to stay for leisure or business.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
MarioE1811, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Greetings AvdV80,
I would like to extend our appreciation for giving us time writing a review. It’s been our pleasure to be host you on your travels here in San Diego.We work hard to ensure a fantastic stay, and are so happy to see we earned your 4 star rating. We hope that during your next visit to San Diego, you will allow us to serve you once more!

Reviewed September 12, 2018

We're currently staying at this hotel for 7 days and we're very pleased. The rooms were clean the staff are friendly and do their best to make you feel welcomed. Edwin at the front desk was accommodating to all our room requests and the room attendant and breakfast staff also say hello and ask if there's anything they can help with. Yadi one of the Managers went out of her way to reach out to my son this morning to offer a small gift (toy car). As a frequent business traveler, its great to see hotel staff go the extra mile to make their guests have a wonderful stay. I'd recommend Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa to anyone staying in San Diego.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Greetings Jerry J

I would like to extend our appreciation for giving us time writing a review. It’s been our pleasure to be host you on your travels here in San Diego.We work hard to ensure a fantastic stay, and are so happy to see we earned your 5 star rating. We hope that during your next visit to San Diego, you will allow us to serve you once more!

Reviewed August 28, 2018

This place is close to I 15 which gives you easy access to the Mira Mesa area . It’s of choices for food and entertainment . The rooms and the front end have been recently renovated . The beds are great and the pillows are the perfect softness .
You will enjoy your time at this hotel

Date of stay: February 2018

Greetings S2071SterryB,

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Hotel, for the most part, is nice and clean in common areas but there were stains on the floors and chairs and some of the furniture was very old and dated. The beds and pillows were comfy and the bathroom was modern. The place looks renovated but not completely. There’s breakfast starting at 6, free WiFi, and a small pool across the parking lot. Great thing is that it is walking distance from places to eat. Staff was nice. Wouldn’t mind staying here again!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business

Hello BeeS24,

I would like to extend our appreciation for giving us time writing a review. Its been our pleasure to be host you on your travels here in San Diego.
I apologize for the inconvenience that we may have caused you. I would definitely discuss this with my team and have it resolved as soon as possible.

I hope you give us an opportunity to host you once again.

Operations Supvisor