“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #187 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Brooklyn, NY
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed June 26, 2006

This hotel is perfect if you are looking for a mid to low price hotel. It does not have a lot of amenities; however, you can use the pool and gym at Quality Suites (next door) at no charge. The room was clean. The complimentary breakfast is very convenient and allows you to get off to a quick start. The staff member in the breakfast room was very curteous and pleasant. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2006
2 Thank CCB_Vacationer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed April 23, 2006

I stayed at this hotel because it was the closest to my relatives home. I read good reviews about this hotel from this website. The horrific part about this stay was I found a bug on my bed. When I contacted the front desk she explained its because they had military people and Japanese businessmen that stayed there. I informed her that every time I've stayed at hotels, and I do travel quite a bit, I have never discovered a bug in my room. I didn't think that excused them from not properly cleaning up their hotel especially at the amount I paid each night. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Long Island, NY
Reviewed September 3, 2005

This is a great place to stay in San Diego. It is away from the attractions but all of the places to see are within a 10 or 15 min. drive (without traffic). It is located on Mira Mesa Blvd and is close to many restaurants and other name retailers. There is a movie theatre a few blocks away as well. The rooms were very spacious and clean and the front desk staff were friendly and helpful. I will certainly stay at the hotel again when I travel there. There really wasn't anything bad about the hotel, only that the parking spaces outside were small. It is located next to a Denny's too. A great place to stay!!

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank MEMNYY18
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed August 24, 2005

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express-Mira Mesa and were very happy. Finding the entrance after dark was a little confusing, but we soon became proficient at the California u-turn required. The hotel location is great for business in the Mira Mesa area and is close to MCAS Miramar. There are lots of stores and restaurants nearby. If you want to head to the beach, Old Town or major shopping in San Diego and other attractions access is easy enough if you don't mind the drive in on the highway. There are lots of other hotel options closer to those areas, but if the Mira Mesa area is where you need to be - this is a great choice. We had a great room, large with refrig and microwave. The breakfast was very complete with yogurt, waffles, cinnamon rolls, bagels, cereal, juice, hard boiled eggs, fruit. The reception staff were great, pleasant and professional. We had a change of plans and had to adjust our reservation. It was all handled smoothly, even though we had booked online through a travel service. Lots of sports teams stay at this hotel and that can cause a back-up at breakfast and a scarcity of ice - but all in all, we'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2005
7 Thank theflyfisher
Reviewed December 26, 2004

Stayed here on 12/26 and had a great experience. The hotel is in a extremely quiet location with a Chilis restaurant on site. The room was very nice, new with great furnishings. Would definitely stay here again.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 29, 2003

I never actually stayed at the hotel. I called up and asked what their rates were. I was told $79. My husband, not realizing I had called, checked out there rates and was told there was a $69 promotion. He called me right away and I called the hotel right back to book, but was told the lowest possible rate was $89. I explained that I just called and was told $79 and that my husband was qouted $69. She told me I was wrong that noone had ever told me that. They can't even get their act together long enough to book a room. I would NOT recommend staying there. They are incompetent.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member