“Clean and decent”

Ranked #185 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Arizona
“Clean and decent”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Check in was fast and easy. First room I was given smelled of smoke (I know this is a non-smoking hotel) so I asked to change and they did with no issues. Room had a small microwave and fridge. Found everything to be clean and tidy. A little noisy during the night but to be expected in any hotel. Continental breakfast was typical and decent. I enjoyed my stay. All in all, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ria J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Your feedback is important to us. Next time you are hear with us, I would suggest staying on the 4th floor and in a King Size room. It is the quietest room in the hotel away from foot traffic and elevators. We appreciate your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Novi, Michigan, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very comfortable.
I felt relaxed during my stay with quiet location.
They also provided a bottle of water and a couple of sweets.

Business center was available at another hotel located next to them.
All of staff were very warm and kind.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Ria J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again. Thank you for being a loyal Priority Member.
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at your hotel. Clean room and good breakfast selection. We had issue in our a/c. I called Front desk Manager, said he will call engineer. Did not get service. Front Desk Manager should take care guest request priority. Plus his voice has a rudeness tone. Not good. Other than this we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear A C,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your compliments on our rooms and breakfast.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you had with our air conditioning system and deeply regret that the level of service provided fell below your standards.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. As such, your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future improvements where possible. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Apple Valley
Reviewed September 3, 2013

They have parking in the front and back, but they share it with the hotel next door and there is also a restaurant in the same lot, so it makes it quite packed. Check-in was as expected, and we were given a complimentary bag with water, chips, and a granola bar, which was a nice touch. There is only 1 elevator, but we never had issues waiting for it. Lobby was clean and coffee provided, halls were fine, room itself was very large. It had really high ceilings, which made it feel spacious. The window opened, which I always enjoy. The bed was comfortable, there was a coffeemaker, microwave and refrigerator, which are all great pluses. Everything was clean. The only thing I would suggest is to update some of the furniture and get larger TVs, as it was quite small, and you can definitely hear people in the halls/other rooms (though I'm not sure how you solve that issue). As for location, it is a bit of a drive north from the main tourist areas in San Diego, but it wasn't more than 15 minutes anywhere on the freeway. They have free breakfast, and it was pretty good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and will take into consideration about getting larger TV's. Our location is great because of it being a central location to all the wonders of San Diego. Literally only 15 minutes north, south, west, and east to your destinations. We look forward to seeing you again for you next vacation.
Arizona
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I only stayed here one night, but I had a good experience. Parking was hard to find, and as night set in, it was very hard to find! They have parking in the front and back, but they share it with the hotel next door and there is also a restaurant in the same lot, so it makes it quite packed. Check-in was as expected, and we were given a complimentary bag with water, chips, and a granola bar, which was a nice touch. There is only 1 elevator, but we never had issues waiting for it. Lobby was clean and coffee provided, halls were fine, room itself was very large. It had really high ceilings, which made it feel spacious. The window opened, which I always enjoy. The bed was comfortable, there was a coffeemaker, microwave and refrigerator, which are all great pluses. Everything was clean. The only thing I would suggest is to update some of the furniture and get larger TVs, as it was quite small, and you can definitely hear people in the halls/other rooms (though I'm not sure how you solve that issue). As for location, it is a bit of a drive north from the main tourist areas in San Diego, but it wasn't more than 15 minutes anywhere on the freeway. They have free breakfast, but I did not try it so I can't comment on it. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ria J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Luv2travel022,

Thank you very much for providing such a comprehensive feedback regarding your experience in our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We at the Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa take pride in providing a welcoming, comfortable and enjoyable experience for every guest that walks through our doors. I hope you enjoyed your visit to San Diego parks and landmarks and should you ever return to our City again, we hope to have earned your trust and your business.

At Your Service,
Ria J
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Let start by saying I have not stayed in a Holiday Inn because I am used to staying at 4 and 5 star hotels. This particular jewel of a hotel should be rated a 4 or 5 star. Why? Staff is extremely warm and great you as you walk and leave. Customer service is that of Ritz Carlton and the rooms are extremely clean and beautiful. I arrived a day early and stayed here on vacation but stayed at the Sheraton in the Gaslamp district in San Diego--and Sheraton was very dissatisfying compared to this jewel.

Oh--a must is Santorini's Greek Restaurant, Golden Bagels and Starbucks is about a mile to left or right down the main road (Mira Mesa). You must, must, must treat your kids/family to Shave Ice about 4 miles in Poway/Scripps Ranch.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for the lower level or close to the dining room. Easier for breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Limbicpath
Ria J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Limbicpath,

Thank you very much for staying with us and we are glad that you enjoyed your visit. We do hope your travel takes you back to San Diego again. The entire team at the Holiday Express Mira Mesa would be delighted to welcome you back!

Best Regards,

Ria J
Rome, Italy
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Last minute check-in last night and the service was great. The complimentary bottle of water, energy bar and chips was a nice touch. The room was very clean, everything was great. Hot breakfast was served on the 1st floor and it was delicious too. If you're looking for a good price great value place to stay, I'd recommend staying here.

The only thing that prevented me from giving it 5/5 was that we couldn't find the thermostat and the room was a little warm at night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rickheatherley
Laura C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mira Mesa, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Rickheatherley,

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay! I'm so glad you enjoyed your unexpected time with us!

The thermostats are located on each A/C unit in the rooms with the exception of our ADA rooms where they are located to the left of the bathroom door on the wall. I sincerely wish we had been able to assist you with cooling your room down! We look forward to seeing you in the furture!

Warm regards,