Red Roof Inn San Diego - Pacific Beach/SeaWorld
$339
$259
  • Pool
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$265
$239
$151
  • Breakfast included
$232
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$289
$260
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$218
$206
  • Beachfront
$219
$199
  • Pool
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$287
$199
  • Pool
All reviewspacific beachbreakfast attendantfront deskbreakfast roomrooms are smallfree wifia great stayone night staywould stay againsea worldchecking incoffee makermini fridgefamily vacationhotel roomeasy accessla jolla
Reviewed May 31, 2013

It is very obvious that this building was some cheap motel at some point. The rooms are "Ridiculously EXTRA SMALL! Barely room to move around. Seriously speaking you probably have a bigger room at the most ronchiest motel of your choice. Smokers just hanging out.. Super thin walls. Yes some renovation ,, if that's what you call it. Microwaves are about an inch and a half off the floor,so you must be able to get on your knees, as well as the teeney fridge. I have stayed at many Red Roofs, and this and my last stay at a "Newly renovated property in Tucson" have made me decide to never stay at another!.I always take me an extra sheet because you just never know. Well, this was one of those :Never know moments", I pulled the sheets back on the bed and was totally grossed out.... Please wash them!!! A wash does wonders. That goes for the pads you put under the sheets!

However I must say that Johanna at the front desk was exceptionally nice. : ).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
RedRoofMgmt, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Diego - Pacific Beach/SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing, and I checked our records to see what we could have done to meet your expectations. My staff did offer you a complimentary upgrade to a Double Room on the first night of your stay since we had it available, but you had declined wanting to make a decision the next morning. Since you chose not to move rooms the next day, and to stay two more nights, we believed we had resolved your concerns. I hope that as a Redicard Member you continue to choose Red Roof Inn's for your lodging needs, and I'll pass on to Johanna how pleased you were with her service.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We arrived at the hotel (though really, it feels more like a motel) around 11 pm on Sunday night. David? was super friendly and high energy at check in, and we got a room for $66 with a AAA discount. Called the Holiday Inn across the street, it was $102. We decided we'd be fine for just a night, and we were. I asked for a quiter room on the first floor and we got exactly what we asked for. The hotel is located right near a busy street so make sure to ask for a room away from the street noise. It does seem like the walls were a bit thin, because we did hear very clearly when people were walking by etc. but it didn't seem so busy on the Monday morning that we checked out so it was not a problem. The room is very small, but perfect for what we needed, a place to crash for the night. The room was well furnished, they really made use of the small space. The bathroom was big, and everything was very clean, except some hairs in the bathtub and in the towels. Look, for $66/night it was up to par with what I'd expect. Free parking was convenient, we got a spot right in front of our room. Free breakfast was adequate, toast, pastries, apples and oranges, and cereal (be careful with the dispenser and use it SLOWLY as it tends to dispend a whole lot), there was an attendant in the breakfast room making waffles, which let's face it don't taste like waffle house waffles but like $66/night hotel with free breakfast waffles. All in all, this is definitely the place to spend a night or two but don't make this your hotel for the entire vacation.

There is also a computer you can use in the lobby and Vanessa was very friendly and helpful in the morning during check out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street if you prefer a quieter room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
RedRoofMgmt, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Diego - Pacific Beach/SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank for your submitting your review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that David and Vanessa gave you friendly and helpful service, and I will be sure to pass that on to them. Your review confirms that, if asked, our hotel staff will happily accommodate reasonable requests to ensure your comfortable stay. Normally, our guest prefer to stay with us throughout their entire time in San Diego because we are centrally located to all of the city's major attractions, and we hope you do too on your next visit.

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Ended up staying here instead of the Holiday Inn Express because the price was $40 cheaper per night and most of the Pacific Beach area was booked. Positive: price, SOME free parking, coffee and newer furnishings. Negative: this is just a cheaply renovated motel, rooms are very small, no parking saturday night after dinner, wall mounted a/c units mounted on the ground practically, low shower heads and poor selection of breakfast items.

• Stayed: May 2013

While we value your feedback, we respectfully disagree with your comment "Cheaply renovated motel." Our facility went through an extensive remodel last year that included brand new furnishings, upgraded flooring, flat screen TV's and all new guestroom amenities such as microwaves, mini-fridges and Air Conditioning units. Although our parking is limited, it is always free.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I chose this place because it had decent reviews (about 3.5 ratings), inexpensive rates, and a non-smoking facility. Upon check-in, I was surprised at how many smokers were standing outside of my room - above and around me. There were a lot of cigarette butts dropped outside my door too. Though my room smelled of cigarettes coming from outside, I couldn't open my window to aerate the room. One of the main factors why I chose this non-smoking faciliity was because I'm sensitive to smoke.

The room was a bit dark, the linens did not feel fresh, and the restroom was a little musty. The walls were thin so you could hear your neighbors talk and walk all through the night. The free breakfast was okay but a little on the pale and cold side. There was plenty of parking though and the staff was nice. I think the highlight of our stay was the good food served at the few restaurants next door; be sure to make early reservations or you won't be eating until close to 10 PM.

A one night's stay was long enough.

Room Tip: Top floor might have better rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofMgmt, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn San Diego - Pacific Beach/SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for submitting a review and giving us your feedback. Even though all of our guestrooms are non-smoking, we do occasionally have guest that stay with us and smoke outside their rooms. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. You will be happy to know that we have added some additional items to our breakfast offerings and hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were very satisfied with our stay in this no frills Inn. The only complaint is that we ended up with a room we didn't need. Normally, in hotel lingo, a "double" room indicates a room for 2 people and a "single" is for 1 person. At the Red Roof Inn, apparently they have a "double Queen" room (for up to 4 people) and a "single Queen" room (for up to 2 people). We didn't reserve so, the 2 of us walked in and stood at the counter requesting a "double room" and without any explanation or question, the hotel staff assigned us a "double Queen" room with 2 double beds. We didn't realize this until check-out. Maybe it's partially our fault and perhaps we have been traveling and living too much in countries where hotels and hostels have on occasion extra beds but usually charge as a single/double/triple room. Just good to know and avoid spending extra money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
RedRoofMgmt, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Diego - Pacific Beach/SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. The majority of our guest refer to a "Double" as wanting a room with two beds, but we would have glady accommodated a change in your preference. Please don't hesitate to let us know. See you soon.