PB Surf Beachside Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Beach Haven(San Diego)
View Hotel
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Diamond Head Inn(San Diego)
View Hotel
Pacific View Inn(San Diego)
Tower23 Hotel(San Diego)
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
All reviewspacific beachsister propertyroom was cleanbeach hotelmini fridgerestaurants barswalking distancethird floortwo blockscan't beat the locationgreat ratecontinental breakfaststreet parkingthe location is perfectking bedcoffee makerla jolla
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Friendly staff, spacious and clean bedroom, close to everything you need in PB, awesome location in an amazing city ! I definitely recommend it to all...
Thanks to Allison who helped me and my friend to find this great hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

I'm very happy we were able to help you and Allison with your hotel stay while enjoying our great city! Thank you!!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Booked our room last minute. Front desk service was extremely accommodating. Even upgraded our room. Rooms were very clean. Location was short walk to beach, shops and restaurants. Park the car until the drive home.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Elephino

When we can, we are generally very happy to upgrade a guest!! Especially when the guest has either had a long trip, or has a very special occasion they are celebrating. Thank you very much for staying with us! We hope you will book in advance the next time!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I had a bad experience with this hotel. I said to the guy at check-in that I opted to pay my stay in cash, and he still asked for my credit card. When I checked out (I actually paid in cash), an amount of money (the same as in the bill) was still taken from, and then returned to my credit card, resulting in a loss of EUR 23 ($30) from my bank account. The woman at reception desk told me that the process is automatic and she can do nothing. It's really unacceptable, and this is the first time in my life I've experienced such ironic problem with a hotel. I believe that this was a mistake and doubt that the receptionist was honest with her answer.

I detected the loss several days after I left the hotel, and tried to contact the hotel for this. Surprisingly, I didn't find any contacting email of the hotel. I tried to contact one of their receptionists for notifying the problem (I get her email address during my stay). However, I haven't received any response so far.

Regarding the hotel, it's very far from downtown and main attractions of San Diego. The wall is thin so that you may wake up during the night for the noise from the neighbours. The window opens to a shared corridor so that we had to close it everytime.

Given the conditions of the hotel, and its unprofessional staffs, I would never choose this hotel again when I return to San Diego.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

We are still sorry about the charge, and the immediate credit back to your credit card. It was definitely a mistake by us, and we do take responsibility for that. The good news is that I have agreed to pay for your loss and again do apologize for the brief mistake. We still hope you will try us again. Thank you for taking the time to make your comments!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ok, the not so good things first. (Read keeping in mind we LOVED our stay) There was a mix up with our reservation. We were supposed to have two queen beds, and only had one. Luckily my sister had backed out of the trip and it was just my mother and I so it worked for us. I'm sure they would have done what they could have to fix it if we had really needed it too.

Our room was very clean, with nice furnishings, although a little tight. To open the nightstand draw you had to make sure you pushed on the AC unit a little to make room. The pocket door to the bathroom didn't have any sort of hardware or handle to help open or close it, and you can hear right through.

All that said my mother and I LOVED it and are planning to come back and stay again sometime in the future. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful and accommodating. I was having back surgery the Monday after this weekend trip and the desk clerk gave me extra pillows and even remembered when I was leaving and told me good luck. The bed was also pretty comfortable even given my severe back pain.

The location could not be more perfect. There are some really amazing places to eat within walking distance and the staff is able to make some recommendations. There is beach access right at the end of the block. There is a pier very close, and lots of safe clean areas to walk. A greenhouse and nursery close so my mother got to get her plant fix in February, even though it was still snowing back home for her. We never had an issue parking either. You might have to drive around just a little to find street parking but it was totally manageable. We were always parked on the block with our hotel too so never had to walk far.

Our room was located right next to the office on the first floor and right off the main parking lot and didn't have a problem with noise. There wasn't a rowdy crowd while we were there and never had an issue with excessive noise. We did turn on the AC at night and the white noise of that covered up whatever was going on outside.

Long story short we would highly recommend staying here to anyone!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Amber F
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

I'm so happy we were able to turn your first impression around into something very favorable! I remember you, and I do hope you will return again and will call us directly for your reservations the next time. It was a pleasure for us as well to have you as our guest, and I sincerely hope every stay in the future is at least as good as your first! Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

A great place to stay at a very affordable price. The bed was excellent, as well as everything else in the room. Mind that there isn't a safe in the room. It got a bit loud at night from outside, but nothing too terrible. Randy the receptionist was very friendly and helpful.
The room wasn't ready on time and we got in an hour late, but we didn't mind at all.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for your very nice review! And, I will inform Randy of your comments. We hope to see you again soon!!!!