“Great stay in PB!”

PB Surf Beachside Inn
Ranked #165 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed September 9, 2013

For the price this hotel was excellent. Randy, Alpha, and Savannah were very accommodating. Just like all the other reviews I was impressed with the location and service. If you want to be near Pacific Beach then this is a must. I do agree though that that the parking although free could be better and the lack of free wifi was annoying. The grounds and room were clean. Aside from that I was very pleased. I'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Burgos88
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you! We are working on really getting free WiFi eventually. As for everything else, we have been involved in many projects inside and out trying to make this one of the best options for the area. I hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was the first stop on a 10 day road trip and was just perfect.
1 block from the cliff top, we were treated to awesome California sunsets.
Friendly staff and locals, we hired bikes to cruise the boardwalks and got bus into town for sightseeing.
Free parking and pastries a bonus. Bed very comfortable. fridge in room and ice machine nearby.
Only downsides-had pizza delivered to room (from menu provided by hotel) but had to eat it on the bed, as no chairs or table and aircon was noisy.
All in all, a great experience and perfect start to our trip.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

We are in the process of providing additional tables and chairs in our courtyard area. Unfortunately, there are a few rooms that are a little on the smaller side making it unrealistic to have a small table in the room. Other than that, it sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back again, and just request a larger room next time!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Located just one block away from the beach, the hotel has an excellent location. Free parking.The room was renovated, king bed pretty comfortable,good shower, iron board; our room was located on the second floor, near the street, but we weren`t bothered by any noise. Cons: no free wifi; felt the absence of a chair or a couch so we could sit for tying our shoes since the bed is really high; the "continental breakfast" was actually some pastries, coffee or tea, served at the reception, to go. Would also be really nice to have beach towels and parasol to lend. The area is pretty nice, close to restaurants, not far from other great spots, like La Jolla. The Gaslamp Quarter is about 20 minutes away via freeway. Would definetely go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LiviVini
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and making your recommendations! We are definitely working on getting the WiFI free to guests. We hope you will return soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel is very nice and clean and literally steps from the beach but my experience was overall bad due to an item I left behind. This was a very expensive and important necklace that I left in the room and upon realization that night I called the next day when the office had open and spoke to a receptionist that took down my information and told me she would call me back as soon as she could. 5 hours later I still had not heard anything so I called back and asked to speak to a manager. He seemed irritated with my call and short with me telling me that he would call me back later that day or the next with information. No call that day and the next day I decided to call the room I had stayed in and asked the guests if they found my necklace which they hadn't. Did not receive a call back from the manager. The following day I called the front desk again and the person gave me housekeeping's number. I called and told them I had left my necklace in the room and I was told they didn't find anything in the room. I know for sure my necklace was pocketed and not turned in to the supervisor like protocol states. I am extremely disappointed in the integrity of this staff and the lack of customer service I received from the manager.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChristinaCSM
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

I know it wasn't what you wanted for customer service, but without recovering your item, a complete investigation had to be done. Unfortunately, the people I needed to talk with and question were not available for a couple of days. It's never good when something is not recovered, and we take this kind of personal. We have been known for recovering many items, including cash and other valuable items over the years. I'm truly sorry your item could not be found.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I personally hope you will return. Thank you!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The one way to totally review my experience is with RESPECT & BEDT REGUARDS. The Mangment must terat their employees with those key capital verbs there. I never felt otherwwise. Their business ethics were beyond comprenhension..

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you! I'm glad what we are trying to accomplish at the hotel has been well received by you! Your comment will be shared with my staff!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Me and my girlfriend spent our vacation here. Everything was great & I received amazing service. There was a man named Randy that was a huge help! If you want to enjoy an amazing getaway this is the place!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your amazing review! I'll be sure to let Randy know about your comments. And, we are all happy that everything was good, and hope you will return again soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Randy was such a great help to us when me my husband and two kids came last weekend we are a military family and he went above measure to make sure we were satisfied we had a wonderful stay and would be coneing back in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2013

We are happy that you will be coming back to stay with us again soon! And, I'll be sure to let Randy know about your comments. Thank you!