“Wonderful Vacation Hotel - Julie E.”

PB Surf Beachside Inn
Ranked #137 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Temecula, California
“Wonderful Vacation Hotel - Julie E.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I love San Diego and when I took my family on vacation, I found this hotel. It is a wonderful place to stay. The hotel is literally within walking distance to the beach, which my kids and I enjoyed. It was reasonable, spacious, clean and gave excellent custormer service, especially the front desk attendant named Randy, who assisted me with restaurants. What more can you ask for? If you are in this area, I would truly recommend you checking this hotel out. OUTSTANDING place to stay!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ladyj1971
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review! I will tell Randy about your comments. I'm glad we were able to assist you with finding a restaurant suitable for your needs. There are so many good choices to choose from within walking distance. And, I hope we will see you and your family again really soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Wildomar, California, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel was an amazing experience and it was just great to relax and enjoy San Diego here. Everything is perfect about this hotel and after staying for a week, I never wanted to leave. The views, the staff, the food, and the rooms are really great and it is just a great place to spend time. The staff was very helpful as well, especially one of them named Randy. He made sure that my stay was great and provided everything that was needed. Overall this is an amazing place and everyone would enjoy it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ajanee E
Perfect! I will tell Randy about your comments. We are very happy that you did not want to leave. I think, even as part of the staff, we all really like being there, and I think that is something noticeable.
Colton, California
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Awesome experience . We go to San Diego several times through out the year and always stay there. The rooms are spacious and always clean. They have all the amenities that are useful. Great prices for the rooms. Everything is walking distance from restaurants and bars to the boardwalk. Great location and the entire staff are always helpful and nice. Thanks to all the staff at the front office (Alpha). It's a nice and relaxing home away from home. Love it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I hope we all know you by name by now. You are always welcome at the property, and I hope we will always treat you like "family." Thank you very much!
Lake Elsinore, California, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Traveling through San Diego & found this hotel! My room was spacious, bed was comfy &I loved how close it was to everything that I needed. The beach is right next to the hotel & a guy named Randy was an amazing help while I was there. Looking for a great hotel, this place is it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
A lot of people (guests) are very surprised when they walk into their room. We are very new, and are completely focused on making your stay with us a great one. Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again very soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed 2 nights here in June for our anniversary. I wanted to find a decent priced hotel that was walking distance to the beach. I also wanted to find a hotel that was close to our favorite bars/ dinning...then I found PB Surf.
This hotel was OUTSTANDING! Our room was beautiful! It was located on the second floor and was next to the road (if you are a light sleeper, I would suggest not being next to the road) but other than that, the room was very open with plenty of windows to let in the great San Diego breeze. The hotel has a small parking lot, but there were many parking spaces on the side street where we parked our car. The hotel is literally a minute walk to the beautiful beach!!!!!!!!!!
I really didn't want to write a review bc I would hate for this hotel to get popular and raise it's prices, but the hotel is that great! Nothing fancy, but it is in perfect location to the beach, beautiful clean room and a helpful staff, what else could you ask for??!
If you pass up this hotel you are crazy!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I understand your concern about the rates going up with our popularity. Please remember you are a return guest the next time you stay with us, and that discount does make a difference. Thank you. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and that it was situated close to what you had plans to do while visiting San Diego. I've heard a great many people mention a "perfect location!"
Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The room was lovely, brand new with a super comfy bed. The bathroom was also nice, with a great walk-in shower. The hotel is 2 mn from the beach and 5 mn from restaurants and bars so it is perfectly located. The room was very clean. The negative side for us was that there was no free WiFi (how can it be possible these days !!) The second point that needs to be improved is the breakfast. You can't advertise 'complimentary breakfast' and then have no breakfast sitting area, we couldn't sit in our room since it had only one chair ( and the room was a bit on the small side), so we just sat on the stairs outside to have our coffee and muffin (don't expect more than that, no milk, no water, no bread... ).The parking can also be a problem, very few spaces and huge cars trying to squeeze in. Last point is, would be nice if the lady at the desk would smile more and try to be more welcoming. Nonetheless, overall a good place and I might return would there be a pool for my kids and free WiFi ;)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I will definitely work on getting the girls to smile more! As for the breakfast, we really do not have any interior room for any sitting area, although, we do have some chairs and tables located upstairs with plans for several more tables and chairs in the courtyard area. The WiFi is an ongoing project and will eventually be complimentary. Thank you vey much for staying with us!
pittsburgh
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We came here for a quick night stay in pb and the hotel was perfect. Close to everything. Easy check in. Updated rooms. Comfortable beds. Cute garden and super clean! There wasn't alot of parking and we arrived late so we couldn't find anywhere to park; which was a little frustrating but not a deal breaker.
We loved it and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
Parking can be an issue here, but we do offer our sister property located less than one block away for any overflow. We have just renovated everything here including our landscaping and parking areas. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Hopefully, we'll see you again soon.