“Seacoast palms inn two thumbs up. Awesome remodeled, great service”

PB Surf Beachside Inn
Ranked #163 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed June 18, 2012

It was a last min planned vacation to San Diego. Never had a place to sleep just a rental car. Never expect to be find a inn never the ocean for affordable price. Everything you'll need is within a 1/4 mile walking distance or if you're hitting the bar it's crawling distance :)

Rooms are amazing. Clean comfy bed, awesome granite sinks and tables, flat screen tv, and AC

Service is great and workers were friendly. They were there to help me anytime I needed like losing my room key. Quite at night and lots of privacy.

Planning on staying for just 2 nights but liked it so much stayed an extra

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Courtlani
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

It sounds like everything worked out perfectly for you, especially without having secured lodging ahead of time. Most people do not know about us yet, and probably 99/100 people are shocked at how nice we are now, especially if this was not their first time staying with us. I hope that you will just go ahead and reserve with us again the next time you decide to stay in San Diego. Thank you.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We booked this hotel last minute for Memorial Day weekend based on location and price. We read mixed reviews so we did not know what to expect. Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised to find the entire property, inside and out, had been renovated. Our room was tastefully remodeled with modern decor. A past review stated that there was no AC, but in fact the AC units are brand new. The bathroom had a huge shower as well as a very big lighted mirror. I'm not sure if all rooms have this, but our room included a separate area with a table and wet bar. The staff were very accommodating. Our room was missing a couple of items (trash can, hangers) since we were probably the first to stay in the room since it had been remodeled, and the staff immediately brought us the items. Location wise, this is in the heart of pacific beach. The beach is steps away. Garnett is two blocks away. We parked our car for the weekend, and walked/road our beach cruisers everywhere.

We will definitely stay at Seacoast Palms Inn for our future trips to San Diego.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Izzyiz
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write your comments. I know it can be a difficult decision whether to choose the Seacoast Palms Inn based on the reviews. Especially when the majority are so negative. However, if you can overlook the little items that have not arrived yet, we are absolutely gorgeous inside. And yes, all of the bathroom have a lighted mirror. Thank you again!!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel has just undergone a complete renovation! New furniture, bathroom with granite and gorgeous tile, new huge flat screen tv, love the colors they used so beachy and cool. The location of this hotel is perfect, my room had an ocean view it's set a short block from the beach. Your are within walking distance of tons of restaurants and shops and the pier. Great staff was so helpful with everything!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BigTraveler47
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

I'm sorry I didn't respond to your fabulous comments about the new Seacoast Palms Inn until now. But, I am certainly pleased that you noticed the work that has gone into transforming this inn into something special. As for the location, I have no idea how much more perfect our location could be. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I only had one negative experience, which is why I rated as very good. I booked my reservation on the hotel website and book a King Suite which accreding to the description, was to have two flat screen TV's, microwave, sola bed, iron, ironing board. When I arrived, there was no record of my reservation, even though I had received an email confirming the reservation with a confirmation number. Despite this, the room that I ended up in did not have a microwave, sofa bed, etc. I got the room at the same rate that I booked it for. So i dont know if i overpaid for the room i ended up getting. II was making the trip alone so I didn't make a big deal, but it would have been a problem if I'd been traveling with others.

The rooms were very nice and tastefully decorated and very clean. The location is the best. Half a block from the beach, pier, boardwalk and Garnet Street is two blocks away. I didnt need my car at all. I didn't experience any problems with traffic noise. The only noise I heard were couple of drunk people acting silly at 2 am, but they were waking down the street. I didn't know about the pool
or the courtyard-would've been fun. I would stay here again but I am worried that I might show up and there would be no more room to stay in. If the hotel management can resolve this issue, this place is definitely a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments with me. As the GM, I would love to have everything run perfectly and without any issues at all. Unfortunately, mistakes can and do happen once in a while. Where I think we excel, is how we handle an issue. My entire staff is determined to always find a way to satisfy a guest's needs to best of their abilities. As for the room items, they should be arriving very soon. We have decided to make everything new like the rest of the property. I'm certainly glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I do hope you will return again soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

This inn is a little gem in hiding. Centrally located to nightlife, shopping ,La Jolla and less than 2oo ft to the beach, The Staff is amazing they are the nicest most accommodating people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with at an Inn. They are renovating this property extensively but are very respectful to the tenants . Only one suggestion, courtyard furniture was interesting everyone met in the courtyard and struck up conversations with other tenants even danced and partied a little. This property has no pool or fitness center, but with the beach and boardwalk right there not necessary. Bravo Seacoast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank woodratherbondabeach
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

All right, finally a review! I want to thank you for commenting on my property. The old Seacoast Palms Inn and the new Seacoast Palms Inn barely resemble each other. In fact, I was informed today that we are more than likely going to change the name of the inn due to how much different it is now. We do still have about another 10 days of room renovation left, and a few issues on the exterior like railings, walkways, etc... But, as you have already noticed yourself, every room is new.

We are associated with the Pacific Shores Inn on the next block, and a new heated swimming pool is available from 9 a.m. until 10 p.m. every day to the guests at the Seacoast Palms Inn. And, there are few surprises in store for the exterior courtyard and the upper sun deck.

Thank you again! I hope we will be seeing you again really soon!

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I recently stayed 5 nights in the hotel and there is nothing good about it except the proximity to the beach. The maid STOLE my phone charger, the walls are paper thin, its located on a busy street with loud traffic (see paper thin walls), the keys to the door are old-school/not plastic cards whic is a security concern, the general look and feel is very outdated and poorly-repaired. Also, they were doing construction on another part of the hotel every morning at 7am which was not appreciated. Additionally, the maid took all the towels from the bathroom and replaced them (none were on the floor) so they obviously aren't worried about conservation. I will not recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
jimsilver, General Manager at PB Surf Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. I do not really know what to say about your phone charger, except that over the years, we have amassed a box of these that have been left behind. I'm surprised we didn't atleast have a replacement for you. I do apologize for that. We are in the process of a complete renovation, inside and out, hopefully making this property one of the best values in the area. We have also greatly reduced our rates due to the renovation and have tried to isolate the noise as much as possible. After we are finished, we will have keyless entry locks and everything will be new. I sincerely hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

So I checked in the hotel very early like 11am with no additional charge which was greatly appreciated since I was driving all night long. So I got into the room and the room was ok I guess for being a dive. However the bed was so hard and not comfortable I kept waking up though out the night. The noise there was loud would be even worse in the Summer due to the high amount of early 20 year old kids. The room next door to me was smoking illegal stuff and very loud. The doors do not come with a card swipe its old fashion its an actual key which if you lose it they will charge you 20 bucks so hold onto it at the beach. So the doors you have to slam close since the knobs do not turn on the outside so you will wake up from hearing the door being slammed closed. Now it was so close to the beach and shops so you can walk everywhere which is a plus. But was there anyone to clean my room my room only got serviced once the rest of the days it did not. Now some of the days I slept in till 11am 12 noon and the maid service was still there but I guess you have to leave before she goes to the next floor once shes on the next floor forget her coming back up. I told the hotel staff and they didnt care. My tv remote control did not work and the shower stall had no head so the water sprays everywhere. Would never stay there again!! Learned my lesson pay more. PLUS THE PARKING THERE IS BAD ONLY 6 SPOTS SO GOOD LUCK IN THE SUMMER TIME!!

Room Tip: Do not stay where there is a high amount of kids and stick to a chain hotel!!