1,772 results
All reviewsmaritime museumtrolley trackscruise terminalpacific highwayseaport villagelight railairport shuttlewithin walking distancefree shuttleconvention centerfree breakfastuss midwayshuttle servicethe breakfast areafront desk staffconvenient locationyogurt
Reviewed August 6, 2018

This is a very clean very well staffed hotel that is close to everything. There are a lot of walkable restaurants and attractions nearby but it is also located near the city bus and train stations. Uber is also very convenient from this location. It made our trip much less stressful. Great facility with an even better staff. Must stay!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Keith N, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Diego - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Hello Jeremy E!

Thank you for leaving us a review.

We are very excited to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have an excellent location, just minutes from everything in San Diego and a quick walk to some of the best restaurants our city has to offer. Our teamis very knowledgeable and knows the area very well. I hope they were able to offer a few suggestions during your stay. We appreciate your compliments and I look forward to sharing your review with our team.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope we have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

My fiance and I stayed here for two days over a weekend for a weekend in the San Diego area, and it generally served our needs as a place to sleep. I'll say that the primary positive is that it is very walkable to Little Italy; lots of coffee shops, beer bars, and a mix of touristy restaurants/shops and hipper restaurants. Unfortunately, there were some negatives that were felt enough that I wouldn't stay here again. In bullet form for convenience:

*It's very hard to check-in because the entryway has almost no space to park your car. Luckily there were two of us, so one of us got out of the car while the other stayed in park and moved the car if necessary, but it added an unnecessary level of stress to check-in.
*The parking garage is really narrow, and spaces generally tight. This added another level of stress on check-in, as well as the worry that it would take a long time to find parking whenevr we drove back to the hotel.
*The room itself was generally clean, and we both slept well, but we were placed in an ADA-compliant room when one wasn't requested, and we weren't told as much when we checked in. We decided to stick it out since it really only made a difference for the layout of the bathroom....except that the shower floor was not dipped in a way to prevent water from forming big puddles all over the bathroom floor while showering. Luckily, we were mindful of this, but it could be a serious hazard since the floors were very slick. By the time we realized how potentially dangerous the bathroom was, we weren't going to stick rooms.

Most of these issues aren't matters that hotel management could really resolve since they have to do with the construction of the hotel. That being said, the lack of parking at check-in and tight parking garage alone would stop me from staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Keith N, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Diego - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Hello 120caseyl!

Thank you for the review.

We are happy to see that the hotel suited your needs but disappointed that you would not like to stay with us again. As you mentioned, the parking can be difficult at times, especially during Summer, and we appreciate you understanding that we are doing the best to manage it. We also appreciate your feedback with ADA room and this is something that we look into immediately. We take any type of hazards very seriously and we will solve this issue to make sure future guests do not come across the same issue.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you enjoyed your visit to San Diego.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

This hotel was very comfortable and I had a great stay. Unfortunately it was a little warm inside the hotel but not unbearable. Aside from not being able to use a digital key i have no complaints about my stay.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business

Hello TaiSabbie!

Thank you for the review.

It is great to see that you had a great stay with us. Our staff works for hard to keep the hotel felling clean, fresh, and comfortable for all our guests. We do appreciate your feedback on the temperature of the hotel as well as the digital key issues and would like to apologize for any inconvenience this created for you. We are happy that this did not keep you from enjoying your visit to San Diego.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you visit us again.

Reviewed August 2, 2018

I was in town for a brand conference for work and this hotel was a host hotel for the conference. I was wowed by the staff from the moment I arrived (after traveling all the way from NC that day, arriving after 11:30pm). The staff was so welcoming and inviting on all shifts and always greeted you the second they saw you. The hotel room was immaculate. Housekeeping is on point here and my room was spotless. The hotel is in a great location. I chose a room with a partial view of the boats and bay across the road! I enjoyed the area as a whole - using one of the Lime Scooters that are scattered all over town. So much fun to take them and go shopping! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and the staff made a huge impact. Awesome team and great stay. Thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side are definitely somewhat noisy but that's to be expected if you choose a room on that side.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business

Hello Samantha S!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We can't tell you how much we appreciate your compliments. We have a great team that works very hard to make sure all our guests enjoy their experience with us and I know they will appreciate your feedback. Our front desk staff is very knowledgeable and our housekeeping team knows the importance of clean room to our guests. With the convenience of our location to everything in San Diego, our hotel has a lot to offer and we are happy you enjoyed it.

Thank you again and we hope you enjoyed the conference.

Reviewed July 31, 2018

My friend and I stayed here while attending San Diego Comic Con. It's in a great location, with lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance. The complimentary breakfast was particularly excellent. The beds were comfortable, but the bathrooms were a bit outdated.I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends

Hello TerenVZ!

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

We are happy to see that you had an excellent stay with us. We have an unbeatable location with a great team, and I am happy they helped create a great experience for you. Our complementary hot breakfast is available every morning and has a great variety to meet everyone's needs. The fact that you would stay with us again means a lot to our team and I look forward to sharing your review with them. We are happy you enjoyed your visit to San Diego.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.