“Great location & good value$”

Hampton Inn San Diego - Downtown
Ranked #66 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
San Jose, California
“Great location & good value$”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have been to this location 3 times for Rock r' Roll Marathon, and this is right in Little Italy that only 3 stops from Convention Center via the MTS. And every night I can just walk to different restaurants, bars, and not worry about drinking & driving. Room is clean, staffs are friendly, and you also get free wifi & free shuttle to the airport. Before I checked into Hampton, I was staying at Hyatt for 2 nights where parking cost $ 28 per night and wifi $ 10 per day. Also free breakfast starts at 6:00a, waffle, scramble eggs, and great coffee!! The only downside is it's near the railroad track so light sleeper may have an issue with that. Hotel did provide ear plugs, but I didn't need it since I was dead tired from the marathons. LOL..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

GM_Miguel, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Diego - Downtown, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear "Michele S', I hope that your sleep did not get disrupted sufficiently to detract from your performance at the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon. I hope you accomplished your goal. I am glad that the Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown gave you a good value, it is one of our goals to strike a good balance. I hope we can serve you again the in next RNR marathon you participate.

Miguel Rojas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Houston, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Great customer service and convenient location to Little Italy and the SD Trolley, plus nice rooms made this a great stay. The only thing that was a little lacking was that breakfast at other locations were much better.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear "Todd P', thank you very much for the great score despite the comments about the breakfast, I am not sure if you are willing to share specifics by contacting me at the property. Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown and I hope we can serve you again!

Charleston, SC, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The Hampton Inn is a wonderful place to stay for family and business. The location in in the heart for the city with easy access to I-5. The parking is right there and easy to use. The facilities all are very nice and of high quality.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear "Frank G", all I can say is see you again next time! In all seriousness, please accept my appreciation for staying at the Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown, and for your review here.

Hermitage, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The hotel staff was very accommodating, friendly, and helpful. Breakfast was the best complementary hotel breakfast I've ever had. I was really overly impressed with how nice and friendly the staff from front desk, breakfast, cleaning etc. The hotel is a great downtown location to get around on the trolley, bus, bike, walking etc.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear "Latamera W', your review here for potential guests is sincerely appreciated. Thanks for noting the plethora of positives of staying at the Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown such as the location, staff, and breakfast.. I hope that we have done enough to earn your future business.

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I traveled to San Diego to run a Rock 'n' Roll half marathon on June 1, 2014. This hotel location was absolutely perfect for all the stuff I wanted to do. First of all, the hotel provided free shuttle service between the airport and the hotel. Big plus for me as I did not want to rent a car. Secondly, the hotel provided a free shuttle to the start of the race which was another plus. Thirdly, (an unexpected bonus) a free hot breakfast was included. Fourthly, the trolley that runs to all sorts of fun sites had an access station right behind the hotel. Perfect for my getting around to see all sorts of great sites, including Old Town and Seaport Village. The hotel was also only one block from the ocean front with access to the beach walk area. It was also within easy walking distance to the Convention Center where the Expo was going on for the race. The staff was very friendly and accommodating in explaining how to get around and gave me several maps to help with my excursions.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear "Terry0106", thank you for your business and for your review of the Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown. I can see that there were several aspect of our hotel that you enjoyed and I hope that this will encourage you to stay with us the next time you run the Rock 'N" Roll Half Marathon. Thanks again!

Rancho Cucamonga, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Very accommodating and knowledgeable staff and very friendly. I feel we got a great room for a good price. Nothing too fancy but clean and beds were comfy. An occasional train was heard going by but really not a big deal. Walking distance to restaurants in Little Italy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear "Norma F", I am glad that you stayed with us during your participation in the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon! I hope you had a great time in the event and that you met your time expectations. I want to thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown and your business. This event is a yearly event and I would appreciate your future consideration. Thank you again!

Cartago, Costa Rica
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I am glad to choose your option for booking among several alternatives I did consider this time. It was a clean, safe, friendly place to spend a long weekend in San Diego, California. I love the kindless of the service people who always did what they could to meet my requirements.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear "Marco A", I hope you made it back safely to Costa Rica. Thank you for visiting America's Finest City! I am so happy to read you found our staff friendly and accomodating. This is what we strive to accomplish. I am glad that Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown was able to meet your expectations, perhaps we will exceed them the next time should you give us the pleasure of your return business.