“Hampton Experience”

Hampton Inn San Diego - Downtown
Ranked #75 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed June 2, 2013

One of the best things is that Wherever you go, a Hampton experience is always almost the same: Great. The best of these hotels are: The beds, the blankets, pillows. You really rest. Latin People get service, and are frendly, warm and with good apporach.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GM_Miguel, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Diego - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear "Antonio T", I am glad that you enjoyed the Hampton Bed during your stay here. I am also glad that you felt that as a traveler from Latin America you were taken care of nicely, and this is in part to some of the caring bilingual staff we have working at the front desk. Thank you for your business and review and hopefully we will see you again!

Miguel Rojas

Write a ReviewReviews (1,660)

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed in the hotel in Dec 2012. I booked it despite the reviews about the train sound because the location and the price. I was happily surprised with my stay at the hotel.

Location:
- Close to the airport, very short drive.
- Beautiful walk to the convention center along the harbor. My colleague runs every morning and found the area perfect for that!
- Next to little Italy so lots of restaurants around.

Rooms:
- The rooms are enormous, at least for European standards
- The walk-in shower in the bathroom was very good once I found out how to turn it on without standing under the cold water!
- The breakfast was the standard one for other Hampton Inns. I personally like them. I also enjoy having tea and coffee downstairs every time I want it and cookies when you go back to the hotel in the evening.
- Internet was great

Restaurant:
- I think there is just the breakfast cafeteria in the hotel. However it is next to little Italy so lots of restaurants around.

Service:
- I used the free shuttle to and from the hotel. It is so convenient!
- Everyone at the desk was very kind
- Very clean hotel

The "issue":
- For me the train was not an issue. I did hear the trains during the day but either they have stopped ringing their bells at night or it is exagerated by other reviewers. Don't let this scare you off!

I will definitely go back when in San Diego.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank a_cheese_lover

Dear "a_cheese_lover", above all else thank you for your business! I do want to thank you for informing our potential guests not to be scared of the noise at this hotel. I appreciate all of the nice points you made in this review. Hopefully we will see you the next time you visit the States!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

There are several things that made our stay here a great experience. As soon as you walk into your room, you will be amazed at how clean the rooms are as well as the bed linens. The people who work there could not be more accomodating. The front desk personnel (especially James) were always pleasant and took the time to ask you how your day was. When asked they will give you suggestions of where to eat, sights to see, etc. The free breakfast consists of more food than you can eat - from fruit to hot waffles. The shuttle - free of charge - basically will transport you anywhere within reason. The shuttle staff are also very pleasant - try to catch a ride with Maria - she will get your to where you need to go. I cannot say enough about this hotel other than see for yourself - you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: If more than two people reserve a king suite - it consists of kind size bed, two pull out sofas, bat...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear "ddoneill", there is nothing better than to see one's name in print when it is mentioned in a positive light. Not only will Maria and James be thrilled to see their names on this review, but the remaining staff is glad to see that you enjoyed our hotel and services. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I and another couple spent 6 nights at this hotel, The hotel was clean organized and in the perfect location for sight seeing. The staff at the front desk was outstanding; helpful with directions and suggestions for dinner. We used the shuttle several times during our stay which was very helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. We would stay there again!!!

Jerry and Linda

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
GM_Miguel, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Diego - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear "Linda S", It is great to receive rave reviews, but especially from guests who give us their business for so many nights! We are honored that you stayed with us and gave us such a great recommendation. We look forward to being your prefered lodging provider when you are in America's Finest City again!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We received 4 star service from the staff. Accommodations were clean, comfortable, and quiet. This is where we will stay for all return visits to San Diego. They made our family visit with our daughter a great experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear "Greg H", thank you for the comment about receiving four star service! While we cannot officially receive star ratings, it makes the staff feel awesome when guests comment that they received star-rated service! I am glad that your family vacation went well and that we were a part of it. Thank you for your your business and review, see you next time!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in March while attending a conference at the convention center. It was a nice hotel. They are near the train crossings, so definitely ask for a room on the opposite side so the ringing bells don't wake you up everytime a train goes by. They have a shuttle which can take you to nearby attractions such as the zoo. They were very helpful with giving directions and advice about the area. No problems with the room. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear "JessClair", thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate you pointing out some of the wonderful attributes of the hotel, as well a a traveler tip about the noise. I hope that we have earned your future business!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel was clean and close walking distance to just about everything in a safe area. We took in a game. We did have to stay at a room near the back where the train tracks run but we must have been so tired we did not notice them.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GM_Miguel, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Diego - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear "Robert R" thank you very much for your business and your review! I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay despite the proximity of your room to the train line. I hope that we have done enough to earn your future business!