“feels like home...”

Ranked #231 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“feels like home...”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My family and I love staying here .... There's no other place that makes you feel like home only at extended stay america. Especially with the best person who will help you with a smile on her face Gladys. She's amazing person who we appreciated for everything she provided for me and my family... Thank you sooo much... as well to all the staff..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Jessica- It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments about Glady's and the staff as we have all read your review. I am proud of our team for making you and your family feel at home and we would like to thank you again for taking the time out of your day to provide us with such a positive review.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2013

A+++ in value, service, accommodations, location, willingness of staff to get you where you want to go with the best, clearest directions possible. Gladys, Darletta, and Angel will take care of your every need with a smile and enjoy their interaction with you. Ask for a nice place to see an ocean sunset where you can have wine, cheese and crackers, they will guide you to the perfect spot. Thanks guys for taking us seriously. We will definitely return again and again.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker and want a place that doesn't "ban" you, or treat you like a third...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Kathy - Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I'm glad my staff was able to provide you with excellent service, great directions, and accommodations that truly allowed you to enjoy your stay here in San Diego. I will personally thank Gladys, Darletta, and Angel for their service.

Thank you again for the wonderful survey and for staying with us here during your time in San Diego!
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stay at the Extended Stay pretty regularly as I travel for work, and they are always great! The staff knows me by name and they always have such amazing customer service skills. Angel is one of the staff members I always enjoy seeing! He's always on top of things and makes sure I am 100% comfortable at all times! The rooms are always clean and smell nice and I feel like I'm at home. I'd recommend it every time!

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Megan - Thank you for the amazing review about our hotel. I am so happy that Angel and our staff provided you with exceptional service during your travels. As well, I am glad that you felt comfortable and truly enjoyed your clean room.

Thank you again for your review, and for your continued stay with at our hotel.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Everyone here is so nice and lovely. The whole desk staff is wonderful. Easy to get to location. Fairly close to amenities. Sometimes the internet would lag and be slow. My stove top was not working but otherwise it's good. We stay at a lot of extended stay hotels and this is one of the nicest ones I have been to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hezular
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hezula r- The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the stove top did not function properly, so that we may get this corrected. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with one of the nicest places you've been to. Also, I am pleased that we provided you with great customer service and our hotel was conveniently located for your needs during your stay.

Ventura, California
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I found this hotel to be exactly what I expected it to be...a nice, reasonably priced place to stay for an extended period. I arrived about an hour before the accepted check-in time and they had a room ready. Gladys was on the desk when I checked in and was a pleasure to deal with...friendly and helpful. In fact, I can't speak highly enough about all the staff I met during my stay; all were more than helpful, and Dometa (sorry, I'm sure I spelled her name incorrectly) has a smile that will light up a room. Being a stickler for politeness, I was most impressed that when they all thanked me for staying with them, they seemed honestly appreciative of my business, rather than just paying 'lip service'.

The room was clean and comfortable with the amenities that one would expect from a hotel of this type and price. Comfy bed with a selection of pillows, reasonably high-speed free Wi-Fi, premium TV channels, and exceptionally quiet. No hair dryer or shampoo...but then again, I'm bald........

The hotel and grounds are clean and well maintained, with ample free parking. I can not comment on the free breakfast as I did not partake..when I have a room with a kitchen, I fix what I want for breakfast.

All in all, I got exactly what I paid for.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
David - I wanted to say on behalf of my staff and myself, thank you so much for the positive review. I'm glad your room was ready on time and to your liking. It means a lot to know that we made your visit to San Diego a positive one. I will definitely speak with Darletta and Gladys and thank them personally for providing you with exceptional service. I also just wanted to let you know for next time that items such as shampoo and hairdryers are available by request at the front desk.

Thank you again for the feedback and continuing to choose Extended Stay America.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

terrible stay title explains it all, go elsewhere! ran out of breakfast by 8am... hot water went out for a day... someone opened our door at 1 am, luckily we had the extra lock on so they couldnt come in...

Room Tip: pick a different hotel this one sucks....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Kevin - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. The situation you described regarding the stay's issues are truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I met with the staff, and we will ensure rooms are properly entered to ensure that situation is not repeated. Also we have fully replaced our water heater so that the issue of hot water will no longer be. I am taking a closer look at ordering items for breakfast to ensure we stay in stock with our hotel's demands.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at shc@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us. Again, thank you for staying with us, I truly appreciate your feedback and hope we can make your next experience with Extended Stay a truly positive one

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We arrived at 12 pm on a Thursday for a 4 night stay. We were told to come back at 3 pm for check-in because a room was not available yet. When we came back at 3 pm the room was not ready still. There was a discussion with the front desk about what time check-in officially begins and we were told 3 pm but they did not have a room ready. After some discussion between the 2 front desk attendants they somehow found a room. The room was supposed to have a queen size bed which it did not. The room smelled pretty bad like maybe they didn't finish cleaning it. The kitchen had the most basic items (one pot and pan, 2 forks and 1 knife, 2 spoons). The grab and go breakfast in the morning was pretty weak. The elevator didn't work. Not a great stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank laventelp
Thank you so much for your review of our property. I apologize for the issues with timing and smell. I will take this to my front desk to properly ensure they know to communicate the correct time of check-in. I also wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for our elevator, we are having maintenance to look into the issue immediately.

Again, thank you so much for the review as I will be definitely discussing these instances with my front desk and housekeeping staff. If you would like to discuss further please send me an email at shc@extendedstay.com.