I was invited to do a training for a non-profit in San Diego and was put up at ESA for two nights. It's a decent hotel but if you're looking for luxury, this ain't it.
- The room appeared very clean;
- Staff was very nice: I don't think it's every happened that a few minutes after checking in, a front desk staff member called to ask if I found the room to be satisfactory and if I needed anything;
- The location's excellent; a hop skip and a jump from Old Town State Park, Mission Bay, Sea World, and many other S.D. attractions. Know, though, that the hotel is located on a two-lane street that runs parallel to the freeway and there's nothing but hotels along the street.
- Lots of hot water;
- Air conditioner worked great (until it suddenly stopped working in the middle of the second night, that is);
- The toilet in my room went berserk all night long the first night (loud noises that kept jolting me awake) but when I reported it to the front desk the next morning it was fixed immediately.
- Free parking(!)
- My room smelled horrible. A manager-in-training graciously came in with Fabreze and sprayed the bedspread, and that helped for a few minutes, but the smell almost immediately returned and never left. I can understand that because people cook in the small rooms, the smell of food is hard to get out of the drapes, carpet, etc., but unfortunately, the windows in my room didn't open more than a quarter of a quarter of an inch, so I was stuck with the smell. I'd highly recommend that management allow the windows on the first floor to be opened at least an inch or two. The smell's hard to contend with.
- I asked for a wake-up call but did not receive one.
The "grab and go" breakfast consists of oatmeal packets, coffee, tea, granola bars, pre-packaged muffins, and some fruit. Maybe not a hot breakfast, but it's a lot more than a lot of hotels offer. The coffee is pretty decent but if you'd prefer a Starbucks, there's one located less than a mile down the road in the Courtyard Marriott.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parking Fees: 1-6 nights: $15/day 7 + nights: $5/day ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay America San Diego
- San Diego Extended Stay
- Extended Stay San Diego