“Nice staff/Good on a budget”

Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle
Ranked #238 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I came on Labor Day Weekend. All of the rooms were booked, so it was a little bit noisy, but nothing too bad. The staff was great. The room was fine in my opinion, nothing outstanding. Everything was clean and tidy. I thought the pillows had a funny smell, but it could've just been in my head. My only complaint was the "breakfast". It was more like little snacks to get you through the morning until you can go get breakfast. However, it was free, so what do I expect? It was also a nice distance away from the beach and downtown. Overall, I think it was a nice stay for the price.I would definitely recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for posting such a great review! We are pleased we were able to provide you with a tidy and comfortable room during your stay here in San Diego. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We came out in a large group to celebrate Vanessa's bachelorette weekend it was perfect for us super roomy and very clean rooms. Staff was excellent in helping us get checked in and very helpful on were to go around the hotel as well as taxi services out in that area. Every time we came down to the lobby they asked how everything was and if we needed anything which you don't get now a days.

Jesse, Quincy and Chane you guys are the best Thanks for all your help!!

Will definitely be back and will recommend anyone who goes to the san Diego Area to go to the EXTENDED STAY!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Leshawn - Thank you so much for your positive feedback of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your time here while visiting San Diego. It's always a pleasure to hear about our team ensuring a great stay for our guests.

The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The staff was nice some more than others. The bed had visible stains on it. The comforter on bed was filthy as if they just reused the same comforter for the next person and never changed and washed them.
Some of the towels were still dirty with human hairs still on them and stains! Very nasty

Room Tip: Make sure it's non smoking and on top floor or you will hear people above you make every step
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tina H
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel was a good fit for us since we were able to save a lot of money in our four days by using the kitchen instead of needing to eat out every night. The hotel staff was also really helpful and friendly. While the hotel was a great fit for us, it is not a traditional hotel in some regards because it does not offer full service.

PROS
Room was very clean
Helpful Staff
Breakfast super convenient for snacks and coffee
Spacious/Comfy
Excellent location
Reasonable price for location
Easy to obtain fresh toiletries and towels at front desk

CONS
No maid service for shorter stays (we didn't need, but others may miss this)
Grab-and-go breakfast is not very filling and limited choices (fruit, mini-muffin, granola bar, coffee, tea, oatmeal) We mixed the fruit in the oatmeal and took the granola bars on trips
Room was fine, but elevator smelled a little like smoke on first night

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmiSpade
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Ami - Thank you for posting such an awesome review. The staff and I are happy to know that our hotel was a good fit for you during your stay in San Diego! We are so glad that you found all of the amenities we had to offer to be enjoyable, and will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to make improvements to our offerings in the future.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

First the positives, the hotel front desk and staff were excellent. The coffee kiosk was great to have in the morning as the coffee maker in the room was broken. We checked in for a five night stay as we were moving our daughter from San Diego to San Luis Obispo. After getting in late we were given a wheel chair assessable room. There was no counter space in the bathroom to put anything on. Ended up turning a travel crate upside down so I had a counter for toiliteries. Bed was very uncomfortable the queen was more like a double. Sheets were worn and old.. The hotel has no outdoor space to enjoy. Many people sat in front of the hotel to smoke and hang out. They do not provide anything additional in the room other than soap. Kitchen had two spoons, two knifes and was ill equiped for a five night stay. One morning there was no hot water and did not have any until the next day. When hotel staff was contacted for towels and for the missing iron from our room, they were very responsive. Perhaps other rooms in the hotel were a bit better. Ours was not.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nutgka
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family and I planned a trip to San Diego about a month in advance. At that point there were few hotels with availability in our price range (was looking to spend about $175 a night for 3 nights). Based on availability and reviews we chose this hotel. It was an average experience. The hotel looked nice, rooms were what I expected, but the problem was the room smelled horrible (smoke & vomit combo?). I didn't bother complaining since I knew they and all other nearby hotels were booked to capacity and we were going to spend all of our days out at local amusement parks (seaworld, zoo, legoland). I opened the windows, sprayed perfume and kept fan & vent running continously, but the smell lingered. However our friends had a room down the hall that did not smell, but it may have been that she sprayed the room with Lysol to disinfect and air fresher, lol. I will be sure to pack those next time I visit.

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Hi there,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations of the property. I met with the staff, and we will cover room standards to ensure that the experience with smells in your room is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at shc@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Room was clean and we were on the 3rd floor, so it was quiet. Staff was friendly. Glad I brought my own shampoo since it wasn't provided. We thought we would be using the kitchen, but ended up never using it, not even the coffee maker. Breakfast was grab & go - fruits and individually wrapped muffins and breakfast bars. We had dinner at the near-by Gorden Biersh brewery, which I highly recommend. Location was very convenient, easy access to the freeway and 10 minutes away from downtown. Would have liked thicker towels for the bathroom and had to remember there was no daily maid service. Other than that, we were very pleased with the hotel and the price. Definitely would stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Marcia - Thank you for posting such a glowing review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the enjoyable stay you had with us. As well, I am so glad that the staff was friendly to you during your visit and that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast.