“Best Extended Stay I have tried” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle

Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle
Ranked #214 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Fresno, CA
“Best Extended Stay I have tried”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Many Extended Stay hotels are trashy. This one wasn't. I stayed in room 301. It is a corner room with windows on two walls. I smelled cigarette smoke in the hallway, but did not smell smoke in the room. This room faces the freeway, but the noise did not bother me. Parking is plentiful and wifi is free. I got this room for only $50 on Priceline "express deals" when the regular price was over $200.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room if you do not smoke.
Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank mikethern
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America San Diego - Hotel Circle. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Olney, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have stayed here for around 5 weeks doing Navy Reserve duty. You will not find a better hotel for the price. At $65 a day, you get a very comfortable and homey room, plenty of clean towels, useful compact kitchen, nice bathroom with great hot water and great working A/C. I was surprised at how spacious the room was. No exterior noise. I was also very, very pleased they had lcd televisions, it being the NBA playoffs and finals. The room has everything you need, no more, no less. The exterior of the building also appears nice. The housekeeping lady does her job well, asks you what you need, and takes care of your mess. No fitness center, but I just went to the nearby baseball fields and bike trail to workout. Right next to San Diego's multitude of highways, so you can get to pretty much all of San Diego fairly quicky (about 15 minutes to downtown Gaslamp, 20 min to SD Naval Base, 20 min to Point Loma Naval Sub Base....). Always have somewhere to park. Wi-Fi is great they have like 7 different access points as I see on my PS3. Front desk employees are helpful and friendly. Free coffee, oatmeal, and muffins in the mornings. If you do not care for a Vegas 1st class experience and just looking for a nice, clean, and comfortable room, I would not understand why you would stay anywhere else. This is the longest written work I have produced since college and I hated writing.

p.s. After 4 weeks' stay, they reimbursed all my taxes, added 4 free nights stay, and did not charge me taxes for the next 3 weeks I stayed.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong. My room was in the middle of the 1st floor. perfect.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Steven C
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Hotel Circle, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Diego - Hotel Circle. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Hartford, Connecticut, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

This review is based strongly on the fact that during my stay I had a rental car. Based in my experience of San Diego I would not recommend staying around hotel circle if you do not have a car.

I was in San Diego for four nights and after traveling for the previous 2 weeks I was not in the mood for a lot of restaurant food and take out. This is where the small kitchenette provided in the room are really so appreciated. There is a whole foods around 7minutes away at which you can do grocery shopping. The stove top and microwave enable some basic cooking. Each morning there was a small breakfast station with oats, fruits like apples and bananas and muffins or cereal bars as well as coffee. While some might want a bigger/hot breakfast this completely satisfied my needs.

The rooms, while basic, were all that I needed in the sense that they were clean and spacious, had a hot shower and comfortable bed.

Where Extended Stay impressed me was the free wi-fi, which I have noticed that many expensive hotels do not even offer!

The hotel also has a laundry and provides washing powder for a nominal fee. After traveling for 2 weeks with several more weeks remaining I desperately needed to clean my clothes. Hotel laundry services are normally horrendously expensive but here I was able to 2 loads of washing and drying for $5!

I would recommend staying at Extended stay and would go back if I found myself back in San Diego with a car!

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank GHurv
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Hotel was very clean and I was very impressed with the kitchenette. Service was great! Hotel location was among lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Liza A
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Diego - Hotel Circle. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Oshkosh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

This motel doesn't have a business office so I asked the front desk clerk to help me print my boarding pass but she refused to so I walked over to the Ramada Inn next door and the clerk there printed my boarding pass without hesitstion even though I wasn't a guest there. That is what good customer service looks like Extended Stay management. Next, I called the front desk to schedule a wake up call. It took me 3 attempts calling 10 minutes apart letting the phone ring for about 2 minutes each call before someone picked up the phone. Also, my room had leaking shower that dripped all night and long strands of hair were found in my "clean" sheets.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America San Diego - Hotel Circle. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. I do appreciate the opportunity to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they’re away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Union MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

I spent 6+ months at this hotel. The staff is awesome!! They are doing alot of renovations, updating constantly. My room was clean, and well cared for. Being on the road for work can be very trying, but my experience here was great!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Cathy W
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Diego - Hotel Circle. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

This hotel is centrally located in hotel circle, the staff is very nice, they allow pets, the room was clean on arrival, each room has a kitchen. As an extended stay in there is no daily house keeping service. only once per week.
At check in we were told to come to the front desk for extra towels etc. however the front desk on day two said they were out of clean towels until the following day, they had no toilet paper, and no regular coffee for the in room coffee pots just decaf. We were given an extra box of tissue paper to suffice as toilet paper.
The hotel was quiet, room had a flat screen tv the free continental breakfast consists of coffee, those odd tasting muffins wrapped in plastic, apples, oatmeal, bananas somedays cereal bars,

Mixed feelings clean, good location, very cheap light blankets that do not keep you warm,not a very comfortable bed, no room service, running out of toilet paper etc yet quiet and pet friendly.. you need to make up your mind on this one..
Would not stay here if we were traveling without our dog.

Room Tip: if you have a pet stay on 1st floor for easy walks.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank SammyM68
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Diego - Hotel Circle. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.