“Yum”
Review of Bankers Hill

Bankers Hill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bankers Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #399 of 4,989 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Italian, International, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Nice neighborhood restaurant. The food is delicious. The bar area is "very" noisy try to sit on the opposite side. Friendly staff and quick service. If you don't have a reservation go early and they will try to seat you. A real hit in San Diego.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Ate here two nights ago. It was as good as I remember. Started with yellowtail tostadas and short rib bruschetta. Could have made a great meal with just these two small plates. But........ The BBQ pork tacos as my entree were as good as it gets. Others had sea bass, lamb meatballs and the burger. All I heard were yummy noises. A great place, great service and wonderful food.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

If you are a foody at all or just want something really really special, try Bankers Hill. They call it "farm to table" foods and the menue changes with availability of ingredients but they have some staples that are nothing short of phenominal. We were a party of six and shared the awesome Truffled French Fries, Seared Yellowtail Tostadas and the Braised Beef Shortribs Bruscetta. Then, my husband and I split a Spice-Seared Scottish Salmon with crispy polenta that was "to die for." If you get a chance, try Bankers Hill.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

If it was all about the food, my review would be top notch. The waitress was so poor, it changed everything. Morgan, the bus girl was awesome, but Rachel S. The waitress was terrible .
She takes a good restaurant down.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

In San Diego for a conference out at the Sheraton Marina, near the airport, we were anxious to explore the food scene downtown. Based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, I made a reservation for a business/social evening here. We were not disappointed. The ambiance is lively and fun, but it was still quiet enough to have a good conversation. It is a beautiful place with outstanding service. The best part, in my opinion is that, even on a busy Thursday evening we were not rushed in the least. The cheese plate was outstanding, and each of us thoroughly enjoyed the small plates we ordered. I will return when I am back in San Diego in May. Great food, good prices, and a relaxing place to engage with colleagues.