“Warm and Cosy Spot”
Review of Bankers Hill

Bankers Hill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bankers Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #410 of 4,776 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Italian, International, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
trotter13
“Warm and Cosy Spot”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

When with my daughter for dinner on a Monday evening. I was impressed with the waitress because of her knowledge of the menu, food preparation drink selection and not scared to interject her opinion... I thought the food was very tasty, appealing to the eye, but kind of small serving. (actually the amount you should eat) I do think the lighting could be a little better, besides that I would recommend this place to enjoy for a nice meal. .

Visited December 2013

Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Impressive”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I dined here with a group of 14 people. The service was excellent, and the food was great. I had a steak, and it was prepared perfectly.

1 Thank Tony G
Auckland
“Highest quality food & service in a great modern "industrial" dining room”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We visited for an early dinner on a Mon night. By the time we left the place was half full with locals enjoying happy hour drinks, a bigger group of 20 something's after work and couples enjoying a quiet meal. The food was delicious although my wife found the gnocchi a bit heavy. Kids menu available but our eldest really wanted Pulled Pork Taco's so the waitress recommended he order the bar tapas version (same meal but smaller). It was spot-on. Fries with truffle oil & Parmesan is the specialty & the dining room aroma is filled with it. Good wine list & most attentive service. Be aware that it is on the flight path for landing planes (and I mean they are very low) so from the patio at the front you see & hear them up close. Parking was a dream on meters free after 6pm.

1 Thank Bruce G
Zephyr Cove, NV
“You can bank on a good meal here!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I dined here with my husband and another couple who live in the area. It is one of their "go to" spots in Banker's Hill.

The chefs puts a subtle spin and spice on each and every dish. Serving sizes are just right -- not overwhelmingly big and not skimpy.

Truly the best rum raisin ice cream I've ever tasted - perhaps made with a hint of cardamom? It was served with two soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies that were ever so slightly and perfectly salted. The pacific red snapper and roasted kobocha squash raviolis were excellent. The house made lemon potato chips and scalloped potatoes with aged white cheddar are also very tasty.

Unique cocktails/martinis and a manageable wine list.

The atmosphere is warm and has an interesting mix of wood, glass, rustic and modern elements. You definitely want to linger and chat.

Impeccable service and reasonable prices.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“On Trend, Great Fries!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We dined at Bankers Hill on the Sunday between Xmas & NYE. Everyone, from the hostess who seated us to the waitress and servers were professional and friendly, even opening their very strange front doors for us. We were seated near the front doors (pros-you can hear every member of your party speak, cons- cold air when door is opened). We started with the Truffle Fries which were a huge serving, but the 3 of us polished them off before they could cool down. Salty, addictive and very crunchy, need I say more? We ordered the cheeseburger, and subbed a great salad for the fries N/C. Two of us had the chicken meatballs with gnocchi, which was fantastic. We also ordered local beers, really liked them, and all of us would go back. Local street parking was easy to find, this is near the zoo and downtown, and kids are welcome here too.

• Visited December 2013