“Worth trying. Very good food prepared and presented in a very interesting way that surely should please”
Review of Bankers Hill

Bankers Hill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bankers Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #368 of 4,849 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Italian, International, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have eaten at this midtown restaurant twice in the past few months and would say it is definitely worth you trying. They currently are very popular on the weekends which makes it not the place for a quiet romantic dinner but acceptable for most other events. The bar seemed popular and there was a dollar of the wines during Happy Hour and some smaller portions of appetizers served at a lower price also. We had dinner with a very nice fig salad---ask for more greens and the fish of the day and an egg plant entree and also had their popular truffled flavored French fries as an appetizer/side dish ,although the bread and butter would have been enough carbohydrate. Both entrees were very flavorful and adequate sizes portions. The wines by the glass we ordered were flavorful but not vineyards I recognized (not necessarily a bad thing) but were a couple of dollars "over priced". We did not have desert but with 3 glasses of wine, one appetizer two entrees and one cup of coffee tax and tip came to about $100 for 2. Not excessive but not cheap---so my suggestion is watch the wine.
I would definitely suggest reservations especially on the weekends and after 6-7PM
Definitely worth a try especially if you do not want to hassle with crowds
and parking in the Gaslamp. On the corner of 4th and Ivy.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The food here is unbelievably good. It's not very often that every single course is amazing, but here, it really is. The atmosphere is great, staff are friendly and I would say it's one of the best restaurants I've been to. I've been twice so far and will be visiting again this week. Yum!!!!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

From the moment I was greeted by a friendly host to a GENUINELY friendly wait staff to unbelievable fresh, salivating food I knew this restaurant is top notch. I dined at 715pm on labor day weekend so the restaurant was very busy, however the service was spot on. Our server had great wealth of knowledge of food and beverages and very friendly. I cannot say enough on how good the food was and priced very well... you just have to go and try... we had corn soup, cevieche and hanger steak... Oh and the atmosphere is awesome too! Good place for friends, family, couples whoever!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Trendy new spot in Bankers Hill worth visiting. A little noisy but service was good and menu while limited is very reasonable. Food quality is quite good. Four of us dined on a Friday night with a reservation. Busy place so make a reservation. We will return! Try the hanger steak- Yummy!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I came here with my family after visiting the San Diego Zoo. While families might not be their core demographic, we came early and they were very accomodating. The menu isn't huge but everything on it that we tried was fabulous. The atmosphere had a fun buzz but it wasn't too loud to have a conversation, and the decor was unique and fun.