“Best coffee in San Diego. Honestly”
Review of Caffe Calabria

Caffe Calabria
Ranked #37 of 231 Coffee & Tea in San Diego
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Caffè Calabria is North Park's longest serving cafe/roaster with a full service bar Wednesday through Sunday. Enjoy Italian drinks, antipasti and desserts in addition to pastries and panini. Perfect place for a drink or meet-up spot to start the evening or to wind down a night in San Diego's popular neighborhood of North Park.
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

The best espresso in San Diego. Trust me. I know my coffees and espressos. Pizzas are great! But back to the coffee- get a mocha. You'll die and go to heaven! Or if you're a purist- doppio espresso. You're welcome.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I am a coffee snob - this is the best coffee in San Diego! Great space, friendly (and very hip) staff, great food (fresh baguettes, delicious pastries). The pizza is also awesome! We make the 20 minute drive to North Park every weekend - and it's always worth it!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I love my coffee and there are lots of coffee shops I've visited all over the world. I've never had a better macchiato period. I've had matching ones, but not very often. They make fantastic tasting coffees and I only wish I had a £10,000 machine at home like theirs to make it myself as I brought a bag home and tried it on my Gaggia but unfortunately it was nowhere near as good.

By the way, I live in England but make a beeline for this store whenever I go to San Diego.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

What a great cup of joe. Caffe Calabria is a large, open space with free wifi that also happens to make good coffee. What else do you need to know? That they have soccer jerseys hanging from the rafters? That they have a pizza oven? Whatever does it for you. For me, it is the coffee. Just really good coffee. Also, am I the only one that is still delighted by milk designs in coffee? Just me? Cool. I’ll own that.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

There are precious few places in San Diego that know how to pull a decent shot of espresso. This place, about 75% of the time, is one of them. If you get a macchiato or cappucino, be prepared for 50% of the time the milk will not be hot and will have been sitting there since the last reheat. This aint Italy kids. Its a fun faux Italian atmosphere, with futball on the TVs and Italianate sanwhiches, well sort of. Not like you will find grilled eggplant or spinach or anchovie. My principal qualm is the consistently mediocre to poor/surly service. But this is not at all unusual in San Diego cafes, or in USA altogether. Dont ask me why. In this case it starts with the owner i suppose.

1  Thank Kanadukathan