“Great hotel! ”

Courtyard San Diego Central
Ranked #25 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for my last 2 nights in San Diego. This hotel is located within 20 minutes of the airport,which Made it ideal for our situation. No complaints here! Rooms were clean,pool and spa were very nice and clean. I never had a chance to try out the onsite restaurant, although it looked very nice! Did the job by being close to the airport and the staff was friendly .

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Btz2994
Roxanne M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Btz2994,

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased to know that our hotel location was ideal for your travel needs and that your room, the pool, and the spa were nice and clean during your visit. Thank you for sharing your experience regarding the staff friendliness. Everything we do is aimed at providing our guest with an excellent hotel experience. We are thrilled that you had an excellent experience and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travel needs bring you to the San Diego area.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

First class all the way around. Don in the bar was hilarious!! Great company from a class A bartender. Cleanliness throughout entire hotel. The breakfast was awesome. The kitchen staff gets a 2 thumbs up. Pam the Mgr was prompt to our needs and made sure our son was entertained at the pool and suggesting activities and sites surrounding the city. We will definetly return to this hotel with our friends

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank george M
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear George,
Don is such a shining star! Thank you so much for recognizing him, I can’t wait to share your feedback with him, and Pam of course. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed breakfast. Pam Schwartz, Director of F&B just changed our dinner menu and Don created a tasty new craft cocktail list. I hope you have the opportunity to try them out the next time you are back.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was pleased to spend a night at this location. Upon checking in I was introduced to Marriott's pilot program where Platinum members not only received points at check in but also a gift from the small marketplace. The staff was very helpful with dinner recommendations. The room I was in was very spacious. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Not too far from the Airport for an early morning flight.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Gus,
As a Platinum guest we thank you for your continued loyalty to Marriott! We are excited to share the new platinum incentive. To spread the excitement, we at the Courtyard San Diego Central, also have a property specific program that awards our Silver and Gold guests with a welcome gift as well. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

You know what the San Diego Central Courtyard by Marriott in May looks like and offers, because it's no different than most Courtyard by Marriotts. The rooms were large and clean. There was a breakfast buffet and a Starbucks counter. I stayed at this particular hotel because of its location near where I was traveling for business. The location didn't disappoint. I wouldn't have stayed at this hotel if it wasn't for the location, but I didn't mind staying there either. Other travelers seemed to be of a similar mind, as the hotel was busy while I stayed there. Some minor quibbles: Hotel staff asked if I wanted a newspaper delivered to my room, but didn't follow up. The woman minding the Starbucks counter clearly didn't want to tend to customers--one time, a long queue developed with angry customers.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JRo70

Dear JRo70,
I am glad that our central location was convenient to your needs. I am sorry to hear that our service did not meet your standards. We have just implemented a new process to ensure that newspaper delivery requests are completed, I am sorry that you had to experience our faults prior to them being addressed. I hope that we can make it up to you the next time.
Best,

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Nice hotel, friendly staff. Fast check-in and out. Good parking, restaurant and bar. A BIG cut above some others. Very glad to stay here for the week. Very, very clean, with everything you need. Restaurants nearby, Convoy Blvd just up the street with and entire assortment of Asian food. Try Jasmine restaurant if you prefer the real thing. Pleased to say, I will be staying here again. Did I say- easy freeway access- Sea World- etc etc. Marriott is the best of all, and the rewards program is great.

Room Tip: Any room, I am on the 4th floor and happy with it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Roxanne M, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Frank S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard San Diego Central. I am pleased to know that you had an excellent experience during your visit. Furthermore I am delighted that you will stay with us the next time your travel plans bring you to the San Dieo area. I will be sure to share your positive comments with our team. We look forward to accommodating you again soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

The hotel was clean, beds comfy, staff very friendly, rooms are large. Only cons were a slow elevator (4th floor), long hallways (hopefully you don't forget anything!) and lighting at vanity way too low. It is not near anything, you will need a car, and parking is sparse. I did not try the pool.

Room Tip: get a lower room, either near the end of the hallway or lobby.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank trvvlngkim

Dear trvvlngkim,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard Marriott San Diego Central. I am pleased to know you found the rooms large,the hotel clean, the beds comfy and our staff very friendly! .We look forward to teh opportunity to accomdoate you again the next time your travel plans bring you to the San Diego area.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights as it is close to our office. Not sure there's that much about in walking distance.

Rooms are comfortable and service is efficient and friendly. The pool looked nice but alas no time to try it. Breakfast is good.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Tiffany M, Director of Sales at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Baxie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We truly value our “road warriors” that spend so much of their time visiting Marriott hotels while on business travel. The breakfast from the Gazebo Grill, our on-site restaurant, is very convenient so our travelers can get moving with their busy schedule – the breakfast burrito is my favorite! We hope that you can visit us with friends and family next time you are in San Diego and take advantage of the 84 degree heated pool.

Cheers,