“Disappointing”

Ranked #11 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Lone Tree, Colorado
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This will be fast and simple. The check-in was cold and uninviting. I was not acknowledge as being a Marriott Member. WiFi was terrible. $15 for breakfast. Understaffed, dinner service was very slow. Noisy, I was on the north side of the property. As a back-up, I asked for a 5:00 am wake up call and I never received it. The pool was nice. I will look at other Hotels in the area when I return in a few weeks.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TYOTP
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your observations. I apologize that we let you down across the board. It is very disappointing that we did not come thru for you.

Please let me know if I can be of any personal assistance now or in the future.

Jürgen Oswald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Pleasant Hill, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I enjoy staying here as the staff are very friendly and the accommodations are great. Always will to help you with whatever you need. Hats off to Don the bartender!! Front desk staff knows me by name.

Room Tip: Good value for the money
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
It is great to have you as part of our extended family. Glad that our team makes you feel welcome; especially Don of course, he is such a great ambassador for our hotel.

Thank you for your patronage and for reviewing our hotel.

San Diego, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Your typical Courtyard, this hotel has a nice pool, a small Starbucks at the bar in the lobby, and a pretty decent breakfast. When traveling on business, it is a perfectly lovely choice - and much, much newer than most of the other hotel choices in the Kearny Mesa area.

Room Tip: West side (front of hotel) is closest to the 163 highway, so stay on the East side if you can.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We like to see ourselves as the "top dog" in the area. One thing that is not typical for a Courtyard hotels is that we serve lunch in our restaurant Monday-Friday. Most Courtyard hotels only serve breakfast and dinner.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel by itself is wonderful...good rooms and a great outdoor seating area with a fireplace....the guy at the bar was great as well, made the evening nice....

Only complaint I would have is the front desk staff, who was stiff and curt. It took him a lot of time to check me in....and after waiting for sometime till he was done...all that I got from him was "sorry" that too a cold one...gave me a feeling he was doing me a favour by letting me stay at the hotel...the room airconditivwas not working...his response was that he will send an engineer and he couldn't do anything as there were no more rooms left...altogether a nasty feeling with the front desk..,,,

Otherwise the hotel is great to stay....

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad that you got to witness many great features and service attributes. I am very sorry that the situation at the front desk tainted an otherwise pleasant stay. We will definitely follow-up with our team as this is not the way we want to communicate with our guests.

Please contact me if I can be of any assistance now or in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was an amazing experience! The room felt so new, up to date and clean (happy for no flower print). The staff was fast, caring, and friendly. Pool area was spectacular. Will definitely be staying with Marriott again in the future!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the look of the hotel and the nice pool area. To top it off, I am proud that our team made a great impression on you as well.

I am very happy that we gained a new fan and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for a short business trip and was pleased with the accommodations. The room was spacious and nice, as was the gym and pool. They have a nice little bar downstairs by the lobby with Stone IPA on tap. The service and food at their restaurant were also commendable. My only complaint would be the dirty elevtator - there was debris on the floor the entire time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Stone Breweries has become one of the most popular breweries in the San Diego. They just opened a 2nd location and we are very fortunate to carry some of their product. Glad you enjoyed our hospitality. Thank you also for pointing out some improvement opportunities in the elevator. This is definitely something we must do better.

Hope to welcome you back whenever your travels take you to San Diego.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Ask my family, friends and colleagues -- I'm an extremely difficult chap to please. But I must admit -- my recent experience at the Marriott Courtyard San Diego Central was truly excellent. From my initial contact with the GM (Mr. Oswald) to staff at the front desk -- I received terrific customer service throughout my stay (which hasn't always been the case with the hotel industry). The accommodations were safe, clean and comfortable. And the location was absolutely perfect. I would stay there without hesitation -- the property and staff were that good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert R
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. It is very gratifying that we met your high expectations. We like to live up the challenges thrown our way.

Can't wait to welcome you back soon.