“Superior Experience”

Courtyard San Diego Central
Ranked #18 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Ask my family, friends and colleagues -- I'm an extremely difficult chap to please. But I must admit -- my recent experience at the Marriott Courtyard San Diego Central was truly excellent. From my initial contact with the GM (Mr. Oswald) to staff at the front desk -- I received terrific customer service throughout my stay (which hasn't always been the case with the hotel industry). The accommodations were safe, clean and comfortable. And the location was absolutely perfect. I would stay there without hesitation -- the property and staff were that good.

1  Thank Robert R
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is very gratifying that we met your high expectations. We like to live up the challenges thrown our way.

Can't wait to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This facility is very nice, conveniently located. The rooms are sizeable, my room had a nice view of the gazebo and the pool. The outside seating area is very relaxing, beautiful outdoor fireplace. The food at the hotel was actually very good, not something you would normally expect from hotel food. I would definitely recommend this facility both for family travel as well as business travel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Sounds like you really got to enjoy our tranquil setting. I am glad that we contributed to a relaxing time. We are very proud of our food quality and I appreciate you confirming our efforts.

Hope to welcome you back whenever your travels take you to San Diego. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We wanted a quick weekend trip. We had never been to San Diego. We chose Courtyard Marriott bc it was well priced! We had a great experience! I have nothing bad to say. It was very clean & very comfortable! The location seemed to be central to most any & everything you'd want to do in San Diego. No more than 15 min. from everything.

• Stayed: August 2013
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you had a great experience and appreciate the compliments. It is always wonderful to hear whenever we are able to impress somebody.

Please see us again.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We spent a long weekend Aug2-5, 2013 and had a wonderful time. We chose the hotel because it is central to everything in San Diego. In addition, the staff was warm and pleasant and the facilities are modern and clean. Thanks for a great stay! We look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

I am very pleased that we hit the trifecta; convenient location, good service, and clean hotel. Thank you for staying with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I booked this hotel for a soccer tournament and expected the normal decent Marriott experience. But I discovered this hotel is above average. The surprise is they have a great bar area run by Pam who is the Food and Beverage Manager. She was great and accommodated several special requests. This hotel creates a nice place to hand out at the end of the evening.

1  Thank SteveCar
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

It's always great when we can exceed expectations. You are absolutely correct about Pam and her team. They are a notch above. I am glad you enjoyed our bar experience with the many different areas to kick back and relax.

Please see us again soon. Thank you for taking the time to talk about our hotel.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The front desk was friendly. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The A/C fan stayed on continuously so I slept well. Even though there was a soccer team staying at the hotel it wasn't noisy. It was quiet. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant and it was good. My husband had the buffet. It was $14.50 and had toast, waffles, omelet station, fried potatoes, eggs, bacon, sausage, juice, fruit. I had the American breakfast for $10.50. It had eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, fried potatoes, fruit, juice or coffee. In the room I was surprised there were several small stains on the carpet and there was white stuff flaking off the bathtub floor. Overall we were pleased with our stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for pointing out the many good things you experienced about our hotel and I appreciate your recommendation. I also want to thank you for some improvement opportunities that we will certainly follow-up on.

Based on your many reviews for San Diego, looks like you are visiting quite frequently. Certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I recently had a corporate event at this facility and the entire experience was wonderful. We had some unique requests and Nicole made sure everything was taken care of prior to the event occuring. On the day of the event, we were assisted by Pablo and Cesar from the Banquet team and they were equally fantastic and attentive. The reason I am writing this review is for the simple fact that I received a level of service that I don't normally get when working with some of the larger "resort-style" competitors. Great job!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 126Travel
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for recognizing our strong catering and banquets team. They work well together and try their best to service any event with excellence. We like our chances against our larger competitors as we truly have the ability to focus on the needs of each individual customer without the risk of getting lost in the shuffle.

We are always up for those unique requests. Certainly keeps it interesting.