“Excellent Stay at the Courtyard” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard San Diego Central

Courtyard San Diego Central
Ranked #26 of 281 Hotels in San Diego
Platte City, Missouri
“Excellent Stay at the Courtyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard while on a business trip in the San Diego area and it was an excellent stay. From check-in to check-out the staff was exceptional. I stay at a lot of Marriott properties while on business and wish the other Marriott hotels could take a lessen from the staff here. The hotel was nice and the bed was very comfortable. The food at breakfast and dinner was great, but there is a fee unless you book the room at a rate which has breakfast included. I highly recommend anybody looking for a great hotel in the San Diego central area stay at this Courtyard.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GermanyTwinsFan
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your generous recommendation. This means a lot from somebody that travels as much and has reviewed quite a number of hotels. I am very proud that our team sets us apart and that you also enjoyed the physical attributes of our hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jürgen Oswald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had two days of meetings & team building for our group (8-11 people). The service was great, food was great. One night we did the cooking class lead by the head chef, we had a great time and learned great skills. I'd recommend this property and their staff for any event you are doing in San Diego! Thanks to Max, Nicole, Pam, and crew!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Our cooking classes have been a great hit. I am really glad that you got to experience it. It adds another level of service to our arsenal that is not found just at any hotel. I hope that your team walked away more cohesive than ever before.

Thank you for the shout-outs and until next time.

Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this courtyard because of reviews on tripadvisor. They were all correct! The pool looks great. I didnt get to try it. There were many folks in the pool but all was quite a bedtime. It looks the hotel is great at accommodating groups. Right now a full restaurant with specials plus happy hour service. I had a red snapper special. The server was great and the cook was too but the snapper was a little bland. Breakfast was very good. Front desk service was friendly and quick. This hotel was about 20 minutes from airport. The air conditioning in the room was already on which made the room cool and comfortable to walk into after a long day. Free parking around the building was plentiful. I will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
What an exciting review. The energy that is exuding from our hotel is one of the best aspects working here. Seeing our guests having a great time is very gratifying. Thank you for the many compliments; now we just need to get the spices for the snapper right.

Can't wait to welcome you back.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I walked into the hotel with a migraine and Joe at the front desk totally took care of me so I didn't worry about a thing. Fortunately, Victor Nueva walked by and saw I was not in good shape. He kindly took by bags up to my room, fixed me a nice bag of ice and put the do not disturb on my doorknob. I was so grateful to be where I could lie down without a worry and get well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I hope you are better again. Travelling is though enough and not feeling well certainly takes all the fun out of it. Thank you for sharing the kind care Joe and Victor took. They are true hospitality heroes and we are very fortunate to have them as part of our team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels take you to San Diego.

Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

It is always great to stay here! We stay as a group for our sports team, and they always take care of us. The food is great, the rooms are great, the pool is large, the kids and parents have a great time. Staff is very friendly and very accommodating. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: 1st Floor on the bottom, facing the pool. Sliding glass doors, excellent for having kids!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
...and we can't wait to welcome you back. Thank you very much for your loyalty. It never gets old hearing how much our guests enjoy their visit. I appreciate you taking the time sharing.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My stay at the Courtyard San Diego Central was extremely pleasant and more than anything else, I was MOST IMPRESSED with the friendliness of the staff of the hotel. I posed SEVERAL questions to the "front desk staff" ranging from directions to a restaurant to issues with my Marriott Rewards account. I was always answered with "a smile" and asked "if my question was answered to my satisfaction?"

I recommend this hotel as "THE PLACE TO STAY" in San Diego for business or personal reasons!

Room Tip: * I was with a group of 12 co-workers, all on varying floors, and all of us were VERY satisfied with...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for confirming that our focus on providing world-famous service is working. I am very pleased that our team was there for you to provide you with answers to a wide variety of questions.

I appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels take you to San Diego.

los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Wow, what a pleasant surprise. We thought the hotel's location might be a problem to the central area but it was quick off the highway and in 15-20 minutes, we were in downtown san diego. For the lower price, it was definitely worth the quick drive. The unexpected bonus is the big pool (for a courtyard). Staff was friendly. Definitely recommend especially for a good price (vs downtown hotels). Room is clean. Wifi free and fast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
It means a lot surprising a Senior Contributor. Thank you for pointing out a lot of the advantages our hotel offers. One other key difference to downtown hotels is our complimentary parking vs. the $20-30 common in downtown.

Very pleased to have gained another fan. Please see us again soon.