“Comfortable!”

Ranked #11 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Bakersfield, CA
“Comfortable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Enjoyed our clean, airy suite; good air conditioning, spacious and well-designed, although vanity lighting was too dim--a common problem nowadays--and the sofas are low and small. They seem more designed for pull-out sleeping than sitting. Especially liked the lobby/eating/lounging areas because of the multi-use offerings. Service throughout was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for the many compliments in regards to the room/lobby design in addition to our team's service. We started to offer dual-lit mirrors for our guests that need a bit more lighting in the bathroom and they have been a hit. Please be sure to ask for one the next time you are staying with us.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Jürgen Oswald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
maricopa, arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Booked room with king bed and sofa bed for my Grandson ,wife and two kids. When they arrived they told him they gave that room away and said his room was given away because it is first come first served service. They gave him a room with King bed only but he found 4 spiders in the room. Obviously they got their money refunded and left... Have stayed at various comfort inns in Calif. and Ariz. without problems but urge you to stay away from this one.

1 Thank junebug2504
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
My apologies about this disappointing experience. First of all, you should have received the room type you reserved. It has nothing to do with first come, first served. The spider finding is very disstressing. I am glad that our team did the right thing and refunded the money as you obviously did not receive what you paid for.

Thank you for sharing.

Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My team (6) had a big presentation that afternoon, and the catering manager went out of her way to find us a meeting room and lunch service so we could prepare. It was a tremendous help. Great location as well, with close access to both the 163 and 15 freeways. We'll be staying here again soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I am very pleased that our team was of great service to help you prepare for your important presentation. Thank you for sharing this positive experience.

Let's play the Southern California Freeway game; not only are we in between the 163 and 15, but the 805, 52, and 8 are just as close.

See you again soon.

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My son and his teamates have a water polo tournament in San Diego every year and we always stay at this hotel. The price is very resonable, the breafast is good, the beds are very comfortable. The hotel is always clean and they do not charge for parking! The staff has always been very helpful and accomidating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for making us your headquarter hotel. I am proud that we provide you with service that you appreciate, quality you deserve, and value that is light on your pocket book.

Hope the tournament went well and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Boonton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

.....but this hotel made me feel at home! Joe at the front desk and Mark in the restaurant went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.

The hotel was clean and nice and the hotel management staff should be delighted that their staff made an impression on me that I would remember their names.
Good job!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
We are certainly delighted that our team did exactly what many of our guests desire - personal touches that are memorable.

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for giving back by recognizing those that took great care of you.

Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Staff was helpful, the Bar stayed open longer for us. Wish the pool was open longer so adults can hang out in the spa when the kids finally go to sleep. Too much salt in chicken wings and bloodymarry's.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
I am glad that our team made special arrangements to keep the bar open longer for your enjoyment. I am sorry that we were not able to do the same for the pool as we need to adhere to a "Quiet Time" for other guests to get their rest. Appreciate you letting us know about the higher than necessary salt content on some items; will definitely review our recipe.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently hosted my wife's 50th birthday dinner party at the Courtyard in Kearny Mesa (SD Central). The facilities and staff are fabulous! Christie the catering manager went over every detail in advance of the event (food options, room layout, bar options, reserved patio area, etc.). When she informed me that she was leaving town and handing me over to another manager (Nicole) a little over a week prior to the event I was a little anxious. However, Nicole stepped in and made sure everything was in order and ready for my wife’s big day! Both were very professional and customer-focused.

The day of the event, I was running a bit late (with decorations) but when I arrived everything was set up and ready to go (banquet, dance floor, DJ area, bar, event signs). Javier was my on site manager and made sure everything ran according to schedule (checking with me at each milestone of the schedule to see if I needed to adjust the time or activities). The event included a red carpet photo shoot on the patio, dinner, A/V equipment for a birthday Jeopardy game, champagne toast and cake), so there was a lot to coordinate in terms of timing.

As expected, I made some last minute changes several times and Javier was always one step ahead of me anticipating my needs and confirming the timing of the next item on the agenda. In fact, he actually reminded me of what was happening next most of the time because I was having a great time and attending to my wife and guests. The bartender was excellent and he and Javier kept me informed of my tab to make sure that I was comfortable with the consumption level. With 70 guests at a 5 hour event, that’s something you don’t want to be surprised about! All of my guests had a wonderful time and my wife had a 50th that she’ll never forget!

Thanks to everyone at the hotel for your great service!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brian T
I am so happy that our team did their part and created lifelong memories. Thank you for entrusting us to host this important event and appreciate the many accolades. Our banquet and catering team is truly outstanding. Out of all the hotels I worked at, this team is by far the best one.

Looking forward to be of service sometime in the near future.