“Great Place for Special Event!”

Courtyard San Diego Central
Ranked #22 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently hosted my wife's 50th birthday dinner party at the Courtyard in Kearny Mesa (SD Central). The facilities and staff are fabulous! Christie the catering manager went over every detail in advance of the event (food options, room layout, bar options, reserved patio area, etc.). When she informed me that she was leaving town and handing me over to another manager (Nicole) a little over a week prior to the event I was a little anxious. However, Nicole stepped in and made sure everything was in order and ready for my wife’s big day! Both were very professional and customer-focused.

The day of the event, I was running a bit late (with decorations) but when I arrived everything was set up and ready to go (banquet, dance floor, DJ area, bar, event signs). Javier was my on site manager and made sure everything ran according to schedule (checking with me at each milestone of the schedule to see if I needed to adjust the time or activities). The event included a red carpet photo shoot on the patio, dinner, A/V equipment for a birthday Jeopardy game, champagne toast and cake), so there was a lot to coordinate in terms of timing.

As expected, I made some last minute changes several times and Javier was always one step ahead of me anticipating my needs and confirming the timing of the next item on the agenda. In fact, he actually reminded me of what was happening next most of the time because I was having a great time and attending to my wife and guests. The bartender was excellent and he and Javier kept me informed of my tab to make sure that I was comfortable with the consumption level. With 70 guests at a 5 hour event, that’s something you don’t want to be surprised about! All of my guests had a wonderful time and my wife had a 50th that she’ll never forget!

Thanks to everyone at the hotel for your great service!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brian T
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

I am so happy that our team did their part and created lifelong memories. Thank you for entrusting us to host this important event and appreciate the many accolades. Our banquet and catering team is truly outstanding. Out of all the hotels I worked at, this team is by far the best one.

Looking forward to be of service sometime in the near future.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Business trip to San Diego and stayed at this hotel. It totally served my purposes. Shuttle service ( 3 mile radius for business purpose) is an excellent add-on and made life even easier. All in all, worth every cent for my stay. Thanks to the management and all staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Glad you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service. It is just one of our services that makes travel a little easier.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for staying with us in the first place. Please see us again whenever you are in San Diego.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had to setup a few last minute meetings at the hotel, and the catering sales manager was excellent to work with. She got us setup with rooms, food, and equipment with essentially no warning. The prices were reasonable and the facilities were well managed. No complaints.

1  Thank Connie P
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

This is what we live for. Making arrangements last minute, scrambling behind the scenes, but not noticeable to our guests. We take pride in being perceived as easy to work with, so thank you for recognizing this important attribute.

Keep those meetings coming!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This facility is located central to business in downtown, Kearny Mesa, Rancho Bernardo and MCAS Mirimar.

The staff is fantastic!! Latoya at the front desk brightens every stay. Patty is a delight in the evening for a meal or a drink.

The pool, whirlpool, fire pit and bar cover all the weather options for San Diego. Warm when you need it and relaxing all the time.

Room Tip: Inner balconies are the best
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

We are very fortunate to be in a very central location, having a hotel with great amenities, and a team that knows how to treat our guests well. It is very humbling to be called the "best" in anything, so thank you very, very much.

The location of our bar next to the outside fireplace is one of our best features, and I agree, very relaxing.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Love this hotel. Fast & easy to book rooms through super helpful Ty Smith! Quick check in. Comfy beds, lots of space, great water pressure in shower, heated pool was so fun with our kids, dining areas, bar, fridge in our rooms, everything was clean and I would definitely stay here again and recommend to others!

• Stayed: April 2013
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Many thanks for the numerous compliments. Glad you enjoyed your time with the family.

Will hold you to your promise to stay with us again and recommend to others. Looking forward to it!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Wonderful property. Very clean. Spacious lobby area and business computer area. Great food at the restaurant. Staff was excellent. Very helpful and accommodating. Good location for access to all areas of San Diego. Would stay here again and highly recommend staying here for business or pleasure. Bed was extremely comfortable. Slept great.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I am very pleased that we hit the trifecta of a great hotel stay; clean, exellent staff, good location. Thank you for taking the time to point out the many positives and certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This hotel is ideal for a female business traveler. The hotel is in a safe location and has a new, clean feel to it. The staff is friendly and Rain at the Starbucks bar makes a great tea latte! The bar area is clean and comfortable and even has outdoor poolside seating. The small on site restaurant serves breakfast and dinner. The room was large and clean. Mine was on the fourth floor and even had a spacious balcony overlooking the pool. This hotel reminded me of the reasons that I love to stay in the Courtyard Marriott brand when I am traveling for work. I would stay here again in a heart beat!!! Excellent property. I gave it five stars because it does what it sets out to do - functions as a pleasant and reliable place for business travelers to stay. Well don!

Room Tip: I liked my spacious fourth floor room and poolside balcony! I believe all rooms here are clean but...
1  Thank Luv2travel60996

Thank you very much for the kind review. I absolutely recommend booking our upgraded pool view rooms with balcony. They are definitely worth the nominal additional charge. Besides serving breakfast and dinner, you are also able to enjoy lunch of the menu or at a daily changing themed buffet Monday-Friday in our restaurant.

Appreciate the 5 stars. This means a lot coming from a regular TripAdvisor contributor like yourself.

See you soon.