“My Stay at Court yard”

Ranked #12 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Frisco, Texas
“My Stay at Court yard”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great stay, excellent location, very close to downtown, above all great staff, front desk staff very attentive, breakfast and bar staff were excellent, will recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hilton490
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I am glad that our location met your needs. Many thanks about highlighting our team's contribution in various departments. Recognition like yours will give them the necessary boost to keep doing so well what our guests expect - attentive service with a smile.

Looking forward to welcoming you back as well as hosting your family and friends.

Jürgen Oswald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here on business. The staff is excellent- very helpful and pleasant. The room was well-equipped, including a mini-fridge. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever experienced. The hotel has a restaurant offering a nice selection of good quality, tasty and reasonably priced food. The business center offers several computers with Internet access and printers. The hotel looks okay from the outside, but the interior and the inner courtyard and pool area are very inviting. I'd recommend this hotel to others staying in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SC6601
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind review. We just had one of our regular guests buy one of our mattresses; they are definitely popular. I am pleased that you liked the ambiance and the quality of our food.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Cullman, Alabama
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I travel a lot and as a Marriott Gold member now, I know a good Marriott when I see one. Many Courtyards have gone through the transformation but this is one Marriott that I hope never goes through the move to a Bistro and here is why.

My wife and I recently stayed at this property (Late Feb 2013) and arrived late after having our flight delayed and our Luggage lost by the airline. We were promised it would be delivered to the hotel 30 minutes after the next flight but thats another story. (It arrived at the hotel at 3 AM, 5 hours later) .Off we went to the Marriott Courtyard on Spectrum Center Blvd only to arrive and find that the Marriott desk had booked us a month later (March) instead of the end of February as I asked for when I booked the plane tickets. Shame on me for not double checking the Hotel confirmation.

Here is where this Courtyard and the Gold desk Shined. The Courtyard desk clerks immediately checked availability and found us a room which was refreshing considering we had just flown over 2000 miles and appeared to be a month early. We then spoke to the Gold desk who confirmed the room for the remaining nights of our trip using points and appologized for the booking error.

We were tired and hungry and immediately turned to the restaurant which was at closing time and instead of turning us away like some would have done, the restaurant manager Kimberly made sure we got a good meal and made sure we were happy with it.

Marriott corporate needs to take a lesson from this Courtyard as this hotel has a Full Service restaurant not a Bistro like so many Courtyards are converting too. The restaurant was busy as was the lobby bar almost every day we were there proving to me that a good restaurant is still welcomed by travelers and this hotel certainly has an outstanding restaurant.

Kim took it to the next level to inquire what we planned to do while we were there and then was kind enough to ask if she could offer some suggestions which we gladly welcomed. Several of these proved to make our trip even better!!

SInce I have stayed at many, many Courtyards in my 20 years of traveling, the Courtyard on Spectrum Center Blvd offered us Great overall service which made our trip even better. I was also impressed the front desk and restaurant manager remembered our names given how busy this hotel was.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to say in a central location from where you can go to the Bayfront, Old Town, Temecula and other locations and I hope your experiencehere is a good as ours was.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ImN2Fun2
If you travel, you have stories to tell, right? I am glad that you had a great trip after a rocky start. Thank you for keeping a positive attitude. Many of our Elite Marriott Rewards Members comment how much they like our Food & Beverage offerings. It definitely sets us apart and we are very proud of it.

I appreciate the kind recognition and look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels take you to San Diego.

San Diego, California
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I work across the street and come here often for lunch. The service here is amazing. Always get a greeting coming in as well as when we are leaving. I like their food selection. They have delicious salads! Larry is one of the waiters there and he is the BEST! He is friendly and takes really good care of us. He even remembers our usual coffee order. I give him an A++ on his service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
It's always great to host our neighbors and thank you very much for seeing us so frequently. Larry is a gem, he joined us last year, and was voted Rookie of the Year at our Kick-Off Meeting this past January.

I am glad you enjoy our salads. Did you try our new Steak Salad yet that we just added to the new lunch menu?

We appreciate your kind remarks and look forward to seeing you day in and day out.

North Hills
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Just finished a 5-night stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in San Diego. Overall, it was OK but there are some things I found to be quite odd. For example, the A/C unit is directly behind the chair and desk in the room. Cold air blowing on my back was not pleasant. The sink and mirror were squeezed into a very narrow space. I'm a big guy and I could hardly fit. Plus, the lighting over the sink was very dim. And speaking of light, the light eminating from the clock on end table next to the bed was so bright, I had to place a pillow infront of it. I stayed on the first floor and when I tried to get ice from the ice machines on the first and second floors but they were not working. I found some on the third floor. The flashing red message light was on all the time. The proceedure to shut it off was something no one in the entire hotel could come up with.

Room Tip: It's not a BAD place to stay. The staff was very nice. The restaurant and bar were pretty good...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your constructive feed-back. A few things that we are able to take care of immediately. We have back-lit, magnifying mirrors available upon request for our guests that need to apply that perfect make-up or perform that close shave. Our staff is always happy to re-arrange some of the furniture so that the cool/warm air does not interfere for those of us who enjoy indirect cooling/heat. The display on the i-Pod docking station/alarm clock can be dimmed.

I appreciate you also reviewing and enjoying several of the closeby restaurants. They are definitely crowd favorites.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future and with a little extra attention we will strive to change that next review from "good" to "great".

San Diego, California
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Although I live in the area, I love taking mini-vacations just to relax away from home. This is my all time-favorite go to hotel. I love the rooms and the super comfort of the beds. Whenever there is something going on and the question comes up "Where shall we go for cocktails and just plain ol' getting together and be able to spend the night?"-- my answer is Courtyard Central. I definitely prefer this hotel over staying in the middle of downtown San Diego. It is just the right distance from everything...shopping, beaches, attractions!

When friends or clients are visiting from out of town, this is the hotel to recommend. My favorite salad is the spinach with pears-yum! Tamara, Don, Patti are all fantastic. There are others, but the names slipped my memory. During one of my visits, I had the opportunity to meet one of the area sales managers, Carly M. - what a delightful person. She wanted to know about my stay and I told her. So far, I have only good things to say about this lovely hotel. I will definitely be back for a (many) stay!

Christie P

Room Tip: I like rooms overlooking the courtyard and pool area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We love to host our San Diegans! Thank you for taking advantage of all the things our beautiful city has to offer. I appreciate you recognizing so many of our great associates by name. We all love to welcome back regulars that have become friends in many instances.

We just added a few items to our lunch menu and are currently working on some modifications to our dinner menu as well. Hope you will like the changes and don't worry, we still have the very popular Spinach Salad.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The staff of this hotel is truly exceptional! Their attention to customer service is second to none! I would love to know how they have managed to hire the right people and train them to be so effective in thier service. I find that the Marriot hotels all seem to be a step above thier competition but this marriot is exceptional! I truly want to thank them for making my stay in thier hotel so wonderful. Please keep up the good work and thank you for going above and beyond what is expected.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We all try to continue Mr. Marriott's legacy by providing exceptional service in a high quality environment. Every day we have what's called a "Daily Smart Start", where we review important service aspects, role play, brainstorm, have some fun, and get energized for the opportunities that each day brings.

I am very proud that you are experiencing our "world famous" service and your kind recognition will motivate us tremendously to keep raising the bar.