“Great Staff!”

Ranked #21 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Staff!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I travel often for work and the staff at the Courtyard San Diego Central is the best I've ever seen. From the front desk to your morning Barista to room service attendant the staff at this hotel are truly kind, friendly and happy people. You can really tell they enjoy what they do and they make being away from home so much easier on the business traveler.

1 Thank cdaffner
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I am very happy that so many of our associates made a positive difference during your stay. Being on the road a lot is not as much fun as it sounds and having an inviting base station can make all the difference.

Thank you for staying with us and we will continue to take good care of your needs.

Juergen Oswald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was greeted at the front desk and they had me set with my room within a few minutes-nice! In the morning I stopped by the coffee bar to grab some juice to go, I didn't see the what I wanted so Laura asked me if she could help. She ran to the back and produced a case of what I was looking for-awesome! The next morning she was again very helpful in getting me what I needed to get out the door.

1 Thank MikeyLikesIt_13
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you very much for recognizing our efforts to take great care of our guests. I am pleased that our team was eager to make you feel welcome and important. It is very kind that you singled out Laura; she can definitely make even the dreariest days better.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Standard Courtyard. But somehow just did not feel good staying here.
When driving up there are signs everywhere about NO HOTEL PARKING. Just puts you off when arriving in the dark and on the wrong side for parking - appeared all parking was NO HOTEL at first.Check-in was fast (a little rushed) but I like not standing around.
Went and worked out in the Gym. Small with a few pieces of equipment. Had to use the bathroom and walk all the way around to the front (Gym is in the very back). Not well designed. Pool was open, but hot tub was taped off.
In the morning, tried to get breakfast. No one was there to help. Helped myself to the buffet (not). A long line to get any hot food cooked to order by the chefs. After 5 minutes without anyone helping, I walked out. Subway is up the street and no waiting, at a much better price.
The hotel is okay, I just didn't feel welcome or valued. This was a convenient location, but I will stay elsewhere next visit. Definately no love lost here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bstrvl55711
It is a shame that we did not come thru for you. I am very sorry that your expectations of a welcoming environment were not met.

It does not help that you took the entrance to the neighboring business when you first arrived - hence the No Hotel Parking signs. I am a little puzzled about the gym experience. It is located adjacent to the lobby in the center of the hotel and the bathrooms are actually right next to it.

It is disappointing that you arrived during a busy breakfast time and were not properly seated with the introduction to our buffet or the various items on our a la carte menu.

You are absolutely correct that we have a convenient location and I really would like to make it up to you. Please reach out to me the next time you are in the area and we will make it extra special for you.

Thank you for sharing.

San Diego, California
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have been treated very well here on our 33rd aniversary today Valentines Day . Desiree and Larry hosted us and really went over the top with their service and making us feel special. We would stay here again. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Congratulations on your milestone anniversary on this very special day and thank you for spending it with us. I am very proud that Desiree and Larry went out of their way to make it super memorable.

We would be very honored to have you return at least annually.

Fullerton, California
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our soccer team planned to stay at this hotel, but our tournament was postponed due to rain. We were notified of the postponement late Friday afternoon, past the normal point where we could cancel our reservations. Ty Smith went out of his way to ensure our team was not charged for Friday night. A great customer service experience like this will motivate us to continue staying at Marriott hotels.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 65BetsyS
Even though you were not able to enjoy our hotel this time around, I am glad that you could still experience our hospitality even though it was not under the best of circumstances.

I am pleased that Ty was a great ambassador and thank you for considering our hotels for all of your travel needs and especially ours whenever you come to San Diego.

Oakland, California, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I began staying at the hotel on business in Dec, and this location has since been my home away from home. LaToya, Emory and the rest of the front desk staff ensures that I have everything I need. From the same room week to week, to Larry and the other members of the kitchen staff, who greets me with 2 cups in the morning for my orange juice. Overall the hotel is aesthetically pleasing from the dining room, to the common lounging area to the fire pit outside by the pool. Everyone at this hotel are always so accommodating, even when we drive them a little crazy from partying too hard :-) I will most likely always stay here at this location, even if I'm NOT here on business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Welcome to our family of regulars! Your review is a perfect example of why we have so many returning guests. Besides the great set-up, it's our people that make it extra special.

Thank you for making us your home base and it's our pleasure taking good care of you week after week.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I'm the manager of a youth soccer team and was looking for a hotel that could be relaxing for our team and their families in the evening. The Courtyard was perfect. The pool was warm and large enough for the kids to play football in. And the pool patio was large enough for the parents to gather around, eat, and play cards.

• Stayed February 2013
You are certainly describing a perfect stay. Thank you for painting such a good picture. We are very proud to have hosted your team and I hope you had a successful tournament. We enjoy having athletes from youth to college representing a myriad of sports.

We just hosted a hockey team this past weekend and organized a fun pizza party on our patio. I am glad that you also were able to take it all in.

Looking forward to being of service again in the near future.