“nice stay”

Ranked #23 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“nice stay”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have been treated very well here on our 33rd aniversary today Valentines Day . Desiree and Larry hosted us and really went over the top with their service and making us feel special. We would stay here again. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Congratulations on your milestone anniversary on this very special day and thank you for spending it with us. I am very proud that Desiree and Larry went out of their way to make it super memorable.

We would be very honored to have you return at least annually.

Juergen Oswald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Fullerton, California
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our soccer team planned to stay at this hotel, but our tournament was postponed due to rain. We were notified of the postponement late Friday afternoon, past the normal point where we could cancel our reservations. Ty Smith went out of his way to ensure our team was not charged for Friday night. A great customer service experience like this will motivate us to continue staying at Marriott hotels.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 65BetsyS
Even though you were not able to enjoy our hotel this time around, I am glad that you could still experience our hospitality even though it was not under the best of circumstances.

I am pleased that Ty was a great ambassador and thank you for considering our hotels for all of your travel needs and especially ours whenever you come to San Diego.

Oakland, California, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I began staying at the hotel on business in Dec, and this location has since been my home away from home. LaToya, Emory and the rest of the front desk staff ensures that I have everything I need. From the same room week to week, to Larry and the other members of the kitchen staff, who greets me with 2 cups in the morning for my orange juice. Overall the hotel is aesthetically pleasing from the dining room, to the common lounging area to the fire pit outside by the pool. Everyone at this hotel are always so accommodating, even when we drive them a little crazy from partying too hard :-) I will most likely always stay here at this location, even if I'm NOT here on business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Welcome to our family of regulars! Your review is a perfect example of why we have so many returning guests. Besides the great set-up, it's our people that make it extra special.

Thank you for making us your home base and it's our pleasure taking good care of you week after week.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I'm the manager of a youth soccer team and was looking for a hotel that could be relaxing for our team and their families in the evening. The Courtyard was perfect. The pool was warm and large enough for the kids to play football in. And the pool patio was large enough for the parents to gather around, eat, and play cards.

• Stayed February 2013
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
You are certainly describing a perfect stay. Thank you for painting such a good picture. We are very proud to have hosted your team and I hope you had a successful tournament. We enjoy having athletes from youth to college representing a myriad of sports.

We just hosted a hockey team this past weekend and organized a fun pizza party on our patio. I am glad that you also were able to take it all in.

Looking forward to being of service again in the near future.

Beaverton
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I have good things, and not so good things to say about my stay this time.
Lets start with the good.
Racheal(sp) f.d. Efficient and was able to accomodate all my requests and needs
Emory always a pleasure
Joe thank you for helping me get those faxes in and out

Don keep pouring those drinks just right.... Some like it light, some like it heavy)
Meagan thank you for being wonderful both as a waitress and a cover at the bar
Patti keep your smile
I see the effect it has on clients/patrons...

However tell management to get a black book for the bar... Seems when the main bartender goes on break... thats when people want the complex drinks

My main issues were with other guests and the other is with how the staff handled it.

I was kept up most of the night by a drunk, rude, beligerant noisy neighbor.
I called at 1030, 1115 and 12 mid.... Imho it shouldnt have taken 3 calls to rectify this...
Well it didnt..... It took 5!!!!!

They finally shut up at 130 am!!!!

Then theres the noise from the patio speakers... Quiet hour starts at ten... Speakers were not turned off til 11
Next issue was with maintenance....

They need to treat the drains more often...
The glasses stunk, my shower stunk, my sink stunk...
However DO NOT USE CHEMICALS IN CLIENTELE PRESENCE
FLUSH\TREAT when people are not around and when glasses/plates are in splash zone!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank ChristineSCA
Thank you for talking to Max and I this past Monday the 11th after you published your review. I appreciate you sharing the many good things and the areas we have to work on. We will put a standard in place to turn off the exterior music by 10pm until 9am. We will also train our bar team to ensure continuous smooth service during shift changes or while covering for breaks. Lastly, we will definitely work with our maintenance team to have a proper process in place when having to handle not so pleasant projects.

I appreciate your patronage all of these years and look forward to continuously serve as your favorite San Diego hotel.

Corona, California
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our softball team was just in town, staying at this hotel. Great hotel to stay at! Due to rain, the tournament had to be cancelled. Employees Ty Smith and Janel Shigenaka went out of their way to ensure our team was not charged early cancellation fees. I can't tell you what a joy it was working with these two. 5 star customer service above and beyond anything we could have asked for. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again! It's people like this that motivate us to keep staying at Marriott hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Rain in San Diego, what's up with that? I should not be joking as you were certainly looking forward to the tournament. I am glad that our team took these special circumstances into consideration and did the right thing.

Thank you for recognizing their effort and we can't wait until the next tournament.

Jürgen Oswald
Harwich, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We ate breakfast and dinner at the hotel every day, as food was very good and service excellent. After touring San Diego all day, we were happy to be able to have a drink and casual dinner in their bar/lounge at night. Kim, Pattie and Don were always available to make us feel comfortable over our drink and dinner. Ramone was our breakfast waiter and most accommodating. Pam, head of food service, was also there with helpful information. The front desk staff were most helpful in providing information on sites we wanted to visit and roads we had to use. We will definitely stay in this Courtyard if we visit San Diego again.

Room Tip: we liked being on the first floor for convenience.