Courtyard San Diego Central
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Pleasant Inn(San Diego)
View Hotel
All reviewscourtyard marriotttypical courtyardfront desksoccer teambreakfast buffetbusiness trippool areanice staygreat propertygreat poolconvenient locationi highly recommend this hotelclean hotelup to datefire pitflat screenshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I cannot say enough about the staff at this Courtyard. I've stayed at many Courtyard By Marriott and this is above and beyond the BEST! There is a full bar and restaurant open to late in the evening. Food was great. Chicken quesadilla is recommended.

The staff are friendly from Don the bartender to Latoya, Brandon and Taylor at the front desk. Kimberly at the bar and Kimberly at breakfast were great. The staff here are wonderful. Ramon the waiter at breakfast was so attentive and made sure my coffee mug was filled

The rooms are quiet and clean. I will definitely come back and stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacquie K
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

You are too kind to recognize so many of our great associates. I shared your review with them and they are all very proud that they made such a great impression on you.

I am glad that you took advantage of our various Food & Beverage offerings and pleased that you enjoyed our cuisine and libations.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Great experience! Latoya always makes my stay like being at home. Always smiles and has a bubbly attitude which is infectious. Don the bartender is always there to make your stay a good one. Location is good for restaurants and activities. Rooms are clean quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed: January 2013
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

I am glad you got to experience LaToya's and Don's efforts. They are prime examples of associates that are striving to provide "world famous" service. Many thanks for recognizing their desire to make a difference in each and every guest's stay.

Until next time.

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Don the bar tender was great! It helped me deal with the funky smell on the 4th floor all week. The breakfast wasn't so great. I had a rock hard bagel one day and the locks looked old. The front desk staff were very nice and accommodating; every time i walk in or out the door they greet me or say pleasant or things to brighten my day.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you kindly for highlighting Don's and our front desk team's service. They will be super excited once I share your kind words with them. My apologies about some of the deficiencies, but I appreciate you pointing them out so we can take corrective action.

You rock for sharing your experience!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have stayed at the Courtyard Central about 20 different occasions during 2012, therefore I know everything about this hotel. Why would I stay that many times at this hotel? Because, I love San Diego and the Courtyard Central. The first time I stayed there I was pleasantly surprised with the smooth check-in process, the friendliness at the front desk staff and the cleanness of the hotel. I have stayed at a lot of 4- 5 Star hotels, but this hotel just make me feel so comfortable and cozy. If you read my other reviews, I am EXTRA picky about the bed. This hotel bed is so comfortable that I can’t wait to go to sleep. The sheets are good quality, the mattress is the right comfort level for me and the black-out curtains make me sleep and sleep way longer than I should. To be honest with you, because of the sleep quality of the room, I often extend my stay one more night. Over the year, I have enjoyed the pool, which is always the perfect temperature, large enough and always clean, but the Jacuzzi is my favorite spot because of its large size, warmth and cleanliness. (Some other hotels, the Jacuzzi often looks dirty) Other things I like about this hotel: the location is in the central part of San Diego, a block away from the freeway, free parking, it's very affordable and the hotel is very clean through-out the hallways, common areas and rooms. I have never had the maid forget to clean my room and it’s serviced with excellence. Also the maintenance workers are there in a snap to correct any little problem you may encounter. I have arrived late at night many times and noticed the security making their rounds, which made me feel secure and safe. Please enjoy the fresh yummy breakfast buffet, I often think about the bacon, it’s so good. I actually miss this hotel, when I have been away too long and when I walk in the door I am greeted with smiles. I have got to know the hotel staff, but they still remain professional, friendly, pro-active and represent Marriott with pride. Special thanks to Emery, Rachael, Andy and Latoya for always making me feel welcome, addressing my needs and showing their appreciation for my business. Courtyard Central has all you need to make your stay feel like "a home away from home."

Room Tip: If you can get a balcony that's always nice.. All the rooms are pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank trotter13
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Wow, after reading your review, I would like to stay here, but I have it even better as I work here, ha-ha. I can't thank you enough for being such a frequent guest in the first place and secondly for painting such a detailed picture of your experiences. I am especially grateful for recognizing so many of our excellent front desk associates by name as well as pointing out the good job our other departments are doing.

We just had our 2013 Kick-Off Meeting today and this year's theme is to "Break Out and deliver World Famous Service". Thank you for confirming that we are on our way.

Juergen Oswald

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had the chance to stay at the Courtyard this weekend with some old school buddies and my choice of this hotel made me look like a genius. From Brandon Harris the front office mgr to the housekeeping staff we were treated with attention to detail professionalism. I won't hesitate to stay there in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Thank you kindly for being the first reviewer of 2013 and we started like we ended 2012; with a 5-star review. I am very pleased that we made you look good and appreciate you recognizing Brandon and our housekeeping team.

We definitely love to have you back and wish you a Happy New Year!

Juergen Oswald