“This place rocks!”

Courtyard San Diego Central
Ranked #38 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Don the bar tender was great! It helped me deal with the funky smell on the 4th floor all week. The breakfast wasn't so great. I had a rock hard bagel one day and the locks looked old. The front desk staff were very nice and accommodating; every time i walk in or out the door they greet me or say pleasant or things to brighten my day.

• Stayed: January 2013
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you kindly for highlighting Don's and our front desk team's service. They will be super excited once I share your kind words with them. My apologies about some of the deficiencies, but I appreciate you pointing them out so we can take corrective action.

You rock for sharing your experience!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have stayed at the Courtyard Central about 20 different occasions during 2012, therefore I know everything about this hotel. Why would I stay that many times at this hotel? Because, I love San Diego and the Courtyard Central. The first time I stayed there I was pleasantly surprised with the smooth check-in process, the friendliness at the front desk staff and the cleanness of the hotel. I have stayed at a lot of 4- 5 Star hotels, but this hotel just make me feel so comfortable and cozy. If you read my other reviews, I am EXTRA picky about the bed. This hotel bed is so comfortable that I can’t wait to go to sleep. The sheets are good quality, the mattress is the right comfort level for me and the black-out curtains make me sleep and sleep way longer than I should. To be honest with you, because of the sleep quality of the room, I often extend my stay one more night. Over the year, I have enjoyed the pool, which is always the perfect temperature, large enough and always clean, but the Jacuzzi is my favorite spot because of its large size, warmth and cleanliness. (Some other hotels, the Jacuzzi often looks dirty) Other things I like about this hotel: the location is in the central part of San Diego, a block away from the freeway, free parking, it's very affordable and the hotel is very clean through-out the hallways, common areas and rooms. I have never had the maid forget to clean my room and it’s serviced with excellence. Also the maintenance workers are there in a snap to correct any little problem you may encounter. I have arrived late at night many times and noticed the security making their rounds, which made me feel secure and safe. Please enjoy the fresh yummy breakfast buffet, I often think about the bacon, it’s so good. I actually miss this hotel, when I have been away too long and when I walk in the door I am greeted with smiles. I have got to know the hotel staff, but they still remain professional, friendly, pro-active and represent Marriott with pride. Special thanks to Emery, Rachael, Andy and Latoya for always making me feel welcome, addressing my needs and showing their appreciation for my business. Courtyard Central has all you need to make your stay feel like "a home away from home."

Room Tip: If you can get a balcony that's always nice.. All the rooms are pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank trotter13
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Wow, after reading your review, I would like to stay here, but I have it even better as I work here, ha-ha. I can't thank you enough for being such a frequent guest in the first place and secondly for painting such a detailed picture of your experiences. I am especially grateful for recognizing so many of our excellent front desk associates by name as well as pointing out the good job our other departments are doing.

We just had our 2013 Kick-Off Meeting today and this year's theme is to "Break Out and deliver World Famous Service". Thank you for confirming that we are on our way.

Juergen Oswald

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had the chance to stay at the Courtyard this weekend with some old school buddies and my choice of this hotel made me look like a genius. From Brandon Harris the front office mgr to the housekeeping staff we were treated with attention to detail professionalism. I won't hesitate to stay there in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Thank you kindly for being the first reviewer of 2013 and we started like we ended 2012; with a 5-star review. I am very pleased that we made you look good and appreciate you recognizing Brandon and our housekeeping team.

We definitely love to have you back and wish you a Happy New Year!

Juergen Oswald

Reviewed December 30, 2012

During Christmas week of 2012 I chose to stay at the Courtyard Central in San Diego with my family. We enjoyed each and every moment and will return. The property is lovely and the staff very professional and welcoming. As a professional who travels frequently I can normally find the one thing that a team misses. They missed nothing. The location is great, easily accessible and yet a quiet oasis with a resort feel. I was able to enjoy my family and yet stay connected in order to finish my year end buisness. Thanks to all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. It is beautiful.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

What a kind review at the end of a great year. We cannot thank you and all of our guests in 2012 for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with your fellow travelers. Just like the entire year, I am very proud that our team made a great impression.

Thank you for your intent to return and Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Wonderful beds, quiet, friendly staff, good food. Will stay here again for sure, free parking, easy on and off freeway, pretty updated contemporary decor, nice digital TV and big screen, black out curtains are really good -- slept till 10 am.

• Stayed: December 2012
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

I am glad you got to sleep in. It is such a luxury, isn't it? I am very excited that you really liked our hotel and the team's friendliness.

Hope you finished all of your Christmas shopping and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

While we are on our way to the hotel, I called to request for connecting rooms since I am travelling with my sister and nephews. Joe at the frontdesk was not just helpful and patient in helping us, He upgraded us to a suite with a 2 queen beds connected to it so he said we can have a comfortable and great stay! He is awesome. The rooms are very nice, crisp clean. I highly recommend this hotel, it's very close to different restaurants too. Staff at the elevators and housekeeping are very polite and always smiling too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Stories like these definitely make my day. It is great to see that a few additional efforts by our team can make all the difference in a guest's experience. I am very proud that you witnessed the best we can be and appreciate you sharing in this forum.

Have a great holiday season and until next time.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Staff is very helpful, good location, and excellent business amenities. I was there for a business meeting close by and the staff went over and above the call of duty to help me when some last second changes occurred. Rooms are clean, nice sized and equipped for business. Also, includes refrigerators in room which is a plus on longer stays... nice pool and gym is okay if no time for a visit to a local health club.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
JuergenOswald_11, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

I am very pleased that our team came to the rescue. These are the opportunities we look for to make a difference in a guest's stay. I hope that your meeting ended well.

Many thanks for sharing your positive experience and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.