“Breakfast buffet horrid, rooms good”

San Diego Marriott Del Mar
Ranked #105 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Nice place to stay, clean, modern. However, breakfast buffet at 10a on a Sunday was horrid, bacon area was full of grease and empty of bacon, waffle area had two pieces left, fruits were empty, bowls were not stocked, staff stood around not working, really pathetic place for breakfast.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Brian F, General Manager at San Diego Marriott Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

I will agree with you, we did not put our best foot forward on this day. Thank you for your observations and being patient with us on that day. We did get over run and we needed to have a better game plan in play to keep up with that day. We apologize for the service you recieved. I hope you will give us another opportunity to change your perception of our great breakfast. Again, we apologize.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Welcome to San Diego was my first impression. From the valet to front desk the staff was amazing. I didn't have any change to tip the valet and told him that I would bring something out and he told me get your family settled don't worry about me. Wow back home they would have crashed my car. Front desk staff very delightful and the rooms are clean and very comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Troy S
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The Marriott Del Mar proved to be a very nice hotel for our weekend visit to San Diego. While it was not close to downtown or other attractions we visited, the location was close to the freeway and proved to provide easy access to all of the places we visited. Even on a Monday, the freeway was not crowded and the trip to the zoo took only about fifteen minutes. La Jolla was much closer to the hotel and the same freeway made the trip easy. The staff was very helpful and even sent my wife a gift when they discovered it was her birthday. I would definitely stay at the hotel again on future visits.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles B
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I'm an elite member with Marriott, and I was put on the second floor with a view out to the roof. See photo. Not so great. On the upside, I'm so close to the lobby that I can get that WIFI and not have to pay $12.95 a night for room WIFI. I have not asked for a room change.

Breakfast at the restaurant was good (crab hash with poached eggs and sauce). The room itself is very clean, new. Towels are a little rough and worn.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2014

If you are looking for a great space to hold a corporate event or private dining party in San Diego, then look no further. Arterra not only has amazing space, but also excellent service. I recently planned a 200 attendee event, with casino gaming table, guest speakers, food and beverage, etc. and used a combination of the The Great Room and The Patio. The space was beautiful and just perfect for the event. Jenessa was incredible to work with prior to the event always available for emails, calls and visits to the property. She also helped create a wonderful food and drink menu that our attendees loved. Brittany, Sean, Danielle and Daniella took care of us during the event and made sure that every detail was attended to and perfect. We received raving reviews about the event and the space and could not have had the success we did without the help of Arterra.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Anna L
Reviewed January 31, 2014

From the front desk to the bellman to the manager of the restsurant and beyond everyone here was fabulous. What a great place in a lovely city. I'll definitely be back. Special props to the amazing evening restaurant manager. She is at the top of her game in every way.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank ShellyKramer
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I recently coordinated and attended an event in Arterra's "Living Room" - what a great space for a group of 20! Jenessa was fantastic in helping me coordinate the event on short notice and was very responsive and helpful. The Living Room is a beautiful space and as always, Arterra's food was excellent, as was Agi, our dedicated server. I would hold another event there in a heart beat! Thank you, Jenessa for helping make our event a success!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar
#71 of 278 in San Diego
San Diego Marriott La Jolla
Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar

Been to San Diego Marriott Del Mar? Share your experiences!