San Diego Marriott Del Mar
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Les Artistes(Del Mar)
View Hotel
Wave Crest Resort(Del Mar)
  • Pool
All reviewsarterra restaurantthe concierge loungesushi cheffront deskbusiness parktorrey pinespool areaself parkinggreat roomvery nice hotelbusiness tripnice poolper nightfreewaygymplatinumlegoland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We recently hosted an event at the Arterra Outdoor Lounge and Great Room, and everything exceeded our expectations! Jenessa was the event coordinator and she was extremely helpful and responsive. All of the staff, including Agatha and Jose, were extremely attentive throughout the evening. The food was delicious, displayed impressively, and the ambience was contemporary and comfortable. We received numerous positive comments about the evening. We look forward to planning many more events at Arterra!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
MHW1, General Manager at San Diego Marriott Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I am thrilled to hear that your Special Event at Arterra was a success. Jenessa is a true asset to Arterra and with staff like Agatha and Jose it makes for a flawless event for you and your attendees to enjoy. We sincerely thank you for your business and we look forward to hosting another event for you in the near future.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

You can tell when people go above and beyond to do anything they can to help you. I have stayed at multiple Marriott locations and it is always the people and customer service that make me want to return. Besides all the amenities. But I really wanted to thank Sisily Sisson for going out of her way to make my stay better. You have a loyal customer if the rest of the staff can keep up with Sisily.

Thanks Josh ATL

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank josh s

Thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor. Sisily is a great example of the high standard of customer service that we hold our staff too at the San Diego Marriott Del Mar. All our associates strive to go above and beyond for all our guests and give them the legendary customer service experience Marriott guests have become accustom to. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and we look forward to having you back at our property again.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel close to Del Mar or Torrey Pines, you can not go wrong with this property. The hotel is very clean, plenty of parking, nice pool area, easy on/off access to the freeway.

The hotel is about 20-25 minutes from downtown San Diego and about 15 minutes from LaJolla. And the prices at this hotel are much more reasonable then staying downtown.

The staff was very helpful and very customer service focused. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review on trip advisor. I hope that you were able to visit all the many areas of San Diego while you were here staying in Del Mar. The staff takes great pride in focusing on our customers to ensure the highest quality of service during our guests stay. We look forward to having you back at the San Diego Marriott Del Mar soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently stayed here while in the area for 2 straight weeks of product and procedural training for my organization. Being away from home for that long and holed up in a hotel may not sound like a good time, but the hotel staff did everything to accommodate myself, along with the 25 other folks from my company that were joining me in my stay. They were cordial, courteous to our needs, and always did it with a smile. Nicole Shook really went above and beyond the call of duty in arranging rides for quite a few of us and really going the extra mile in order to make our stay was as pleasant as possible. Highly recommend the hotel if you will be in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Joe C
MHW1, General Manager at San Diego Marriott Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Two weeks is certainly a long stay and I am glad to hear that the staff did everything possible to ensure your comfort. The staff and I know that your training is rigorous and that after a long day in class it’s nice to come back to a friendly face. Nicole Shook continues to go out of her way to provide exemplary service and I know made special arrangements for your rides. Thank you so much for your continued loyalty and we look forward to welcoming the next training class back in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've been staying at the Marriott Del Mar for a couple of months... checking in on Mondays and leaving on Thursdays. The hotel is fantastic for business travelers. It's close to everything you'd need: just up the road is a supermarket strip-center that includes great eats such as Thai food, and Indian food.

Just up the road (El Camino Real) at the corner of Del Mar Heights is another center, with a luxury movie house... and a Rubios! My favorite fish tacos of all time! I have lunch there at least once a week!

The hotel staff is always friendly and remembers that I'm a frequent stayer... so much so that I often get the same room week after week!

The lounge on the 11th floor is perfect for a quick breakfast. It's mostly continental, but there is bacon and scrambled eggs to go along w/ all the breads, and pastries, fruit and cereals.

The hotel is great to access Encinitas and the beach along Highway 101... it's convenient to jump on the 56 to head East and then down 15 to Scripps Ranch... and just as great to get on the 5 to head north in Orange County.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Clearly you have been staying here so often in that you know the lay of the land and what beaches and restaurants to hit. It is a great pleasure for the staff and I to welcome you back week after week and we cannot thank you enough for your continued loyalty. Thank you for recognizing the hotel staff for being so friendly and I am so pleased that you continue to get the same room weekly. Please let me know if I ever may be of any additional assistance and I look forward to seeing you soon.