San Diego Marriott Del Mar
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$421
$369
Omni Hotels
$479
$389
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$214
$262
$220
  • Pool
La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites(La Jolla)
$255
$249
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$1,128
$259
$342
$309
  • Pool
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$299
$275
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)
$351
$329
Official Site
$227
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsarterra restaurantthe concierge loungesushi cheffront deskbusiness parktorrey pinesbusiness travelpool areaself parkinggreat roomnice poolper nightfreewaygymplatinumvaletdowntown
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was here for one night for business. the hotel has amazing staff and everyone demonstrates excellent customer service level, from the lobby staff to room service to random staff I met.

I got a second floor room. the room itself is pretty decent and clean. pillows and beds are very comfortable. I especially love how soft their bath towels are. but it didn't have slippers or a rope... (I was looking for them as I wanted to go down to enjoy the pool) I like the fact that on their phone there are five "At Your Service" buttons...you can press anyone of them and someone will solve all problems or requests you have... instead of trying to figure out which button to push for lobby, room service, house keeping, etc.

Room services' foods are pretty good. I ordered both dinner (some soup, salad & dessert) and breakfast in room. one not-so-good thing as many reviewers had mentioned is that they do charge for in-room WIFI. but there is free WIFI at lobby and pool areas. I had decided to pay for the WIFI in room but then realized because I was located at 2nd floor... I could actually receive very good free WIFI signals from the lobby... that was a nice surprise...

Because it was a Tuesday, I got the pool/spa area all to myself. it was certainly relaxing. overall I had a very good experience staying here!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
MHW1, General Manager at San Diego Marriott Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for such a detailed review, you write similarly to the audit company we use to evaluate our service. This could be a second career for you, if you ever desire. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities at the hotel and that you were able to relax poolside. Though WIFI will not be entirely free, the hotel will be offering a tiered pricing structure as of September 1st. This will allow guests who only need access to e-mail a much better value proposition than the current pricing. Once again thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Stay here frequently and love it. Night staff always looks after me when I'm up at 3:00 AM for no reason. Kudos to James, Breicia, and Masud for always making me feel at home. Great location, great food at Arterra, especially the sushi from Andrew.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Murphysjsr

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and for staying with us so frequently. James, Breicia and Masud have been recognized for their outstanding service to our guests at all hours of the night. I am glad to hear that you continue to enjoy the Arterra restaurant and sushi during your visits. Andrew makes some of the best sushi in North County and we are so fortunate to have him as part of our team. Once again thank you for your continued patronage and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was very impressed with the service, the friendliness, and especially the room quality at this property. The hotel is very nice, although it is not near the beach nor is it near a variety of restaurants. There's a nice Mexican place next door, but other than that you are limited to hotel dining. The dining in the hotel was very good, but pricey.

I was very pleased with my stay at the hotel, and would recommend it to people traveling in the area.

Room Tip: The complimentary breakfast on the Concierge Level was very nicely done.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank John W
MHW1, General Manager at San Diego Marriott Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the level of service and quality at the property. The guest rooms were recently renovated and the housekeeping staff takes pride in keeping the rooms looking brand new. Although the property is not located on the beach, Torrey Pines state beach is a 5 minute drive away and offers great views and hiking. I am pleased to inform you the hotel has recently added a complimentary shuttle service within a 5 mile radius that can take you to nearby restaurants, attractions and downtown Del Mar. Thank you for your kind recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I travel for work and a good hotel can make or break a long-term engagement. For the past year I have been staying at the Marriott Del Mar and I have only good things to say about it.

The gym is decent, the food is really good and I especially love the sushi bar (get the special spicy albacore roll) and the people are awesome: Rita greets me every Monday; Sisily, Lydia, Nicole, Nicole, and Jerry help get me checked in within minutes; and Sarah, Stephanie, and Grace always take care of me in the Concierge lounge.

I have stayed some weekends in SD for personal trips - to explore downtown, the Zoo, etc. - and decided to stay at this hotel, even though it is farther from where I needed to be, because I like it so much.

-Wayne E.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room 1116 - I have stayed in every room on the 11th floor and all area great except this one (the AC unit is right above it).
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Wayne E

Wayne, thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It has been our pleasure to host you for the past year and welcome you into our Marriott family. It is a true testament to our staff that you have spent week after week at our hotel. I am pleased that the staff has been able to extend their gracious hospitality and always make you feel welcome. Though we are disappointed that your project has come to a completion we are happy that you will have a chance to spend more time at home. Thanks again for your loyalty, all the best from the Marriott staff. Go BoSox!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Marriott has very upscale pricing and so I expect a flawless room. This was not the case. We had a room that was not perfect at all. The nightstand had gum on the bottom and the ceiling had obvious water damage that was just painted over. The A/C did not work properly. It did not go under 72 degrees so it was cooler in the hallway than it was in our room.
The staff was friendly but we stay in the room so this is where I base my review on.
When you pay top dollar for the room and a lot more for valet parking I want the room to be nice and don't see things that I expect in a cheap motel.
The fact that it took them more than 12 hours to get the tray picked up from in front of our room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
MHW1, General Manager at San Diego Marriott Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your recent experience at the San Diego Marriott Del Mar. I am pleased to hear that you felt the staff was friendly, but I am disappointed that the guest room was not up to our Marriott standard and fell short of your expectations. I regularly inspect guest rooms and will ensure that I share your comments with our housekeeping staff in an effort to continue to improve our service. If you could share which room you were in most recently I would like to personally inspect that room and use it as a learning opportunity. Again, thank you for your review it is much appreciated and I hope the staff and I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the San Diego Marriott Del Mar.