“WOW! What An Experience! If You Love Drinks, You Must Try!”

The Noble Experiment
Ranked #1 of 211 Nightlife in San Diego
Escondido, California
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 290 helpful votes
“WOW! What An Experience! If You Love Drinks, You Must Try!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have to say that basically, Noble Experiment was EXACTLY what I expected after reading and re-reading the zillion reviews on YELP! The only thing that I didn't expect was for some reason I pictured the booths as red and with full sized tables versus white with little teeny tables. But, in all seriousness, I loved loved loved Noble Experiment.

First, as you must know, you must TEXT your reservation ONE WEEK in advance. Maximum party size is 6 people due to the seating arrangements and the size of the bar.

I loved it even though my seats were not available at my ten PM reservation and I had to wait 20 minutes before being invited in... of course, I was 10 minutes early, so they were actually only 10 minutes late. But once we were allowed in the door and shown to our seats, I was in heaven.

Keep in mind, NO Vodka! Also, only two beers that they have in stock to make drinks with, so your choice is a Mexican Beer or a Belgian Beer, so be prepared with an idea of what you might want to drink. I asked to have my first drink be something with ginger and "bourbon or something". What I got was a Son of a Bee Sting and all I can say is YEE HAW... it rocked it. I LOVE the giant ice. I love the candied ginger (best I've ever had and I am a ginger JUNKIE). The drink was delicious! The husband had the Belgian beer that they carry. Then we followed up the first round with a Franklin County Sour for me and a Strawberry Bourbon thingy for the husband. Oh, they were so good. I think I've been converted to a bourbon drinker. I'm heading to Bev Mo as soon as I get home to stock up on new ingredients! But what I really want to know is, can I rent this place for a party?

I'm a big fan and I am already creating a mental list of all of the people who I want to bring here. Thank you Noble Experiment for giving us a wonderful experience. We will be back.

Visited July 2012

Chicago, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Highlight of my trip, Fun!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Read about this place on Yelp and TA. Made a reservation via text, as recommended. Our bartender on 06/17 was Brian-but the whole staff was amazingly fun. This is a top notch mixology joint. Four kinds of ice available, depending on the drink. It's not joke-the bartender will concoct some delicious surprise if you describe what you like. Feels like a speakeasy and delights you with every sip. Money well spent.

Visited June 2012
Orange, California
“Great bartender”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

A hidden bar with a great atmosphere! The bartender Brian was super friendly and recommended some drinks that we never would have tried with his encouragement, and they were awesome. Would go back just to visit him. 5 stars to this spot!

Visited June 2012
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Bar Within a Bar?”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Yes! This is an awesome place to go to. If you're ever in San Diego please make it a point to come to this bar! It's well hidden, and I mean that in more than one way. It's located in the Gaslamp District but it's away from the strip of ready available bars and restaurants. Also, you might think you're in the wrong place because you have to enter in through a secret door to get to The Noble Experiment. The drinks there are great, however, they are pricey... four drinks will set you back about $50 not including tip. The atmosphere is great, the staff is very cool and the bartenders know how to make their drinks! Don't be afraid to ask for Dealers Choice, give them an idea of the type of drinks you like and they'll deliver.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Natasha D
Toronto, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“hidden gem”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

the website: a phone number to text. make your reservations well in advance.

hidden behind a different restaurant (I won't ruin the whole surprise) this place is V cool from the get go.

drinks were cheaper than I'd expected at 12 bucks a pop. bartenders were great. really unique concepts. we ordered one of everything on the menu..haha I'd recommend 3-4 people so you can do the same!

Visited April 2012