“Surprisingly good!”

House of Blues Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
House of Blues Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #694 of 4,989 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: House of Blues Restaurant & Bar offers made-from-scratch, Southern-inspired cooking, including iconic dishes such as New Orleans jambalaya and gumbo, Lowcountry shrimp & grits, house-smoked Carolina pulled-pork barbeque, Memphis-style baby back ribs, and Delta fried chicken. The menu also offers signature Southern-inspired recipes such as Voodoo Shrimp and Carolina Mess, as well as a wide range of burgers, sandwiches and salads. The House of Blues bar is dedicated to showcasing a unique blend of classic and contemporary specialty cocktails, spirits & craft beer. Located in the Gaslamp District near Petco Park and the San Diego Convention Center, House of Blues experience brings together authentic American food, live music, and art like no other place on Earth. The sounds are electric, the art is inspiring,and our kitchen is as rockin' as the talent onstage. Closed on Mondays, but open on show nights from 4pm-11pm.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I each had salads, which were delightful. I had the chipotle chicken, which was very good. It was our first visit. My husband had bread pudding for dessert and really liked it.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I went to House of Blues and there was a local band playing that day. Amazing.
I liked everything, the food, the beers, the drinks and especially the music!
The decoration is also great, nice to get some pictures.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I went here on a whim to see the band Pennywise. Initially I had my usual experience at any music venue but then my wife started to not feel so good. I asked a staff member if she could sit down, and they said that the seats were reserved. But the gentleman brought his manager up and she came right over, took us down to the VIP lounge where there was water, plenty of seating, and a big screen to watch the bands on. I was thoroughly impressed by the fact that they went the extra mile to help us out. Thats why they get an excellent rating from me.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The drinks were really good. The food is tasty, and the live entertainment was excellent! The vibe is kind of "Rock and Roll".. somewhat dark.. but really cool (for a chain restaurant).

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had a great experience at House of Blues from start to finish. We made an online reservation and our table was ready when we arrived. Our waiter helped us find appetizers and entrees that matched each of our tastes for heat. I especially liked the variety of Cholula hot sauces at our table. And we finished off our night with a great concert by Tainted Love. Well done!