All reviews chili's restaurant front desk ihg properties pancake maker yogurt mira mesa business trip business hotel rooms are big the breakfast area minute drive the general manager third party nice hotel quiet location clean rooms short stay
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019

I've been having to come to San Diego every week for the last two months while my elderly father has been in the hospital. This hotel is very close to where I need to be, and it's a good and comfortable place.I particularly like that the rooms have relatively new Samsung TVs that have a USB port on the back, so I can bring a little USB drive with my favorite movies on it and watch them in my room. And the night manager Cece has been very good to me. Always great service.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
HIESV, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Thank you so much for writing a thoughtful and sincere review of your stay with us. We greatly appreciate feedback like this for it helps us improve our services with each and every stay. Please know that it was an absolute pleasure serving you and we are very delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Finally, know you are always welcome to come back. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed April 30, 2019

I stayed here for 3.5 weeks and was very pleased with the friendly staff and short distance to surrounding business. About a 10 minute drive to Mira Mesa with all stores you would need, a Chili's restaurant is conveniently by the entrance of the hotel plus walking distance to Green Flash Brewery. Otherwise I recommend to go by car to La Jolla for a nice experience. Good breakfast. A special shoutout to CeCe at the front desk who is super friendly and helpful!

Room tip: Very convenient for business trips
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
HIESV, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us! It's great to hear you enjoyed your time with us here at Holiday Inn Express in Sorrento Valley. We appreciate your thoughtful and sincere review and we hope you know that it was an absolute pleasure to serve you. We all look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed March 26, 2019 via mobile

Excellemt place to stay. Very clean rooms, quiet, safe, very decent breakfast options, accessible stores/restos nearby. Lastly, hotel staff's exemplary service, esp. Cece. Definitely my go to hotel in sd!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
HIESV, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2019

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us! Your feedback is extremely important to us and we hope you know that it was a great pleasure to serve you. We all hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2019

This is a great property which is centrally located, near La Jolla, the coast and the inland corridor. The rooms are very modern, very clean and reasonably spacious. The TV was a little annoying, as the reception was pixelated at times. Also, more outlets for charging electronics would be appreciated. Otherwise, this is a great all around place to stay.

Room tip: Upper floors are quiet, but despite being on a busy road, there was very little road noise.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
HIESV, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Dear Pat,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. It was an absolute pleasure serving you. I especially want to thank you for bringing the TV service to my attention. Your feedback is extremely important to us and I hope you know that it is greatly appreciated. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed February 15, 2019

Spent an evening at the Holiday Express while working in San Diego. The people were very nice and accommodating. It is located in the northern part of San Diego closer to La Jolla. The room was fairly spacious with a microwave and a sitting area. It was spotless and very quiet as it is a little out of the way. It was a 15 minute drive down to La Jolla Cove which is a beautiful place to visit especially Jan -March which is pup season for the sea lions and seals. I would stay here again. Also parking is free and there is a complimentary breakfast.

Date of stay: February 2019
HIESV, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Thank you so much for your very thoughtful response on your stay with us. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us for we work very hard to make everyone feel welcomed. It has been an absolute pleasure having you and we are looking forward to serving you again!

Elisa Santos