“Best stay ever.”

Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley
Ranked #85 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband was sent on a business trip to San Diego and I was lucky enough to go this time.He always asks to stay at a Holiday Inn Express whenever he travels because of the good experiences he has had.What a nice hotel!!The staff were just as friendly and helpful as they could be.The whole property was kept immaculate.They work all day here to keep it clean and neat.The breakfast put out everyday had to many choices,so I had a little of everything!!!Our room was large and I really loved the bathroom update!!!Thank you again,Veronica and staff.I hope to get back soon,Paulette S.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking providing feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley. We are thrilled to hear you had the “best stay ever” at our hotel. We work hard in providing our guests with a well-maintained property, as well as outstanding quality service and are delighted to have accomplished said tasks. As you mentioned, we do offer complimentary breakfast and are glad you were able to enjoy it during your stay. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to San Diego. Once more, thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley

Reviewed June 9, 2014

A week before my stay here, I started to look for places north of downtown San Diego that were location friendly for work. I do stay with locations from the Intercontinental Hotel Group, but not nearly as much as I did 5-10 years ago. I had never stayed at this property and it fit all of my requirements. I found a slightly better rate on one of the major third party web sites than on Holiday Inn's, so I looked up their "Best Rate Guarantee". It states if the traveler finds a better rate within 24 hours of booking, IHG will extend a complimentary first night to the guest and notify the guest of the decision within 24 hours of notification. Well 24 hours came and went and so did 48 hours. I called the reservations 800 number and asked for guest services. They didn't have a clue about the rate guarantee or what to do about it. I decided to call the Holiday Inn Express in SD and speak to a manager. There wasn't a manager available when I called, but the general manager called me back within the hour and did what I would have never expected her to do: personally guarantee the promise and extend the offer from the IHG website! When I arrived at the hotel, Cece did a nice job of getting me to my room before 1 pm, and upon check out the GM made sure to meet me and introduce herself to me! I can't remember the last time I stayed at a hotel when a manager who worked there put 'their money where their mouth is' and actually gave a s***! They have won a new customer with me, regardless about the idiots at IHG corporate. I hope someone from their offices reads this as a reminder how THIS IS HOW YOU WIN RETURN GUESTS! Thank you Elisa Santos!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Viking94708
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley. We are delighted to hear we “have won a new customer” with you. We strive in providing our guests with outstanding quality service, as well as a memorable stay and are thrilled to have accomplished such task. We look forward to your future stays with us and appreciate your feedback regarding the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Great stay great room clean ,breakfast good staff excellent job well come back I we'll come back for sure and the bed was very comfortable clean pool area and quite best stay in a while and old town just 15 min away

1  Thank George A
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sorrento Valley. We are thrilled to hear you had a “great stay” at our hotel. We strive in providing a well-maintained property and are thrilled you took notice. We look forward to your next stay with us and appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sorrento Valley.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here for three nights in May 2014. My room and the hotel was very clean and I never heard any of the other guests so that was nice. The only issue with this hotel is that it shares a parking lot with Chili's and I had a difficult time finding a parking spot when I came back to my room during dinner time. Other than that, the staff is very friendly and the complimentary breakfast is sufficient (nothing special but decent).

1  Thank JSG320

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sorrento Valley. We are thrilled to hear our hotel is “clean & quite”. We work hard in providing a well-maintained property and are delighted to know we have accomplished such task. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to San Diego. Once more, thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sorrento Valley.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a soccer tournament and was more than pleased with the whole hotel but more than the hotel itself I was more than impressed by their staff especially Cece at the front desk she really came through for us when the third party we booked through dropped the ball we would stay here again

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jessemmtes
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley. We are thrilled to hear you were “more than pleased with the whole hotel”. We work hard in providing outstanding quality service and are touched you took notice. We look forward to your next stay with us and appreciate you feedback regarding the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

excellent service by Esther from the front desk and very helpfull, the facility is very clean...all the staff were very polite and helpfull in giving directions to a close restaurant and stores that are close by...

Room Tip: highly reccommended
1  Thank Ben R

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley. We are thrilled to hear you received “excellent service” from our staff members. We strive in providing outstanding quality service and are thrilled we have accomplished such task. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to San Diego. Once more, thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is a clean, well maintained hotel in a business corridor. Dining options include a Chili's restaurant just a few steps across the parking lot and other better options within a mile or so. Do not waste your time at the breakfast buffet, which is included in the price of your room. The first morning we were there, the dining room was open but the heated food was not available at the advertised time, and when I came back later the food I had waited for was not worth the wait. On future mornings we opted for breakfast burritos at a nearby taco shop.

The lobby is small and uninviting. The 360 degree photo on the hotel website is more inviting than the lobby itself. The bedroom suite is all in one room, with a miniscule three foot divider that does nothing at all to diminish noise or provide privacy between the beds and the living area. The room is crowded with furnishings and with two people and our luggage in there, we felt cramped. Not nearly worth the $179 + tax that we paid.

Front desk staff greets each person as they enter. However only one gentleman staffer, Eli, showed us any further courtesy.

On the positive side, the beds were extremely comfortable and our room - even though it was right next to the elevator - was very quiet.

BOTTOM LINE:
My loyalty to the IHG hotel group disappointed me at this location. I have stayed at other hotels in the area that are more comfortable and less expensive, and if you need to stay in this area I recommend you do the same.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank StCharlesLA
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear StCharlesLA,

Thank you for investing your time in reviewing our hotel. Your feedback is invaluable to us, as it allows us to continue to improve. Please know your concerns are being addressed with our staff so that future travelers will not have a similar experience. We hope you would be so kind as to give us another chance and stay with us in the future. Again, thank you for reviewing our hotel.