Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley
Ranked #82 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Dallas, Texas
“Consistent”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

As always this hotel is consistent. Consistently friendly, clean and ready. My frequent business in the area lands me here quite often. Not a five star hotel, but a great place to spend the week. You are always met a smiling hello coming and going. Breakfast is always ready in the morning. Cookie or popcorn after a day of meetings always makes me smile..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Loyal guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your continued visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoy staying with us and that we have been "consistent" to your needs and accommodations. We hope to continue making you smile! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley, we will see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We used this hotel on a tour of California, from the UK. It was excellent, and close enough to the attractions of San Diego. You do need a car though! Staff were very friendly and welcoming - good breakfast and nice little pool and gym.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley. We hope that your visit to San Diego was as "excellent" as your stay with us! Thank you for staying and we hope to have you stay with us again if you are in town.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We drove around for hours looking for a place to sleep after Courtyard Marriott oversold our hotel. The Guest Services Assistant, was able to offer the last room available and delivered a rollaway bed before we were able to get our suitcases out of the truck. We woke up around 6 am and breakfast was amazing. There was an abundance of options to choose from. We enjoyed it. We were only there for nine hours and we would stay again.

My only recommendation would be to improve the mattress and pillow quality. The staff that we encountered was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank quinfamily
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley. Even though you happen to stay with us by accident we are very glad you did. We do our best to accommodate every guest as much as we can and I am pleased that you were able to stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe hot breakfast buffet and that you enjoyed your stay with us so much you would stay with us again. Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley and we hope to see you soon.
Oxnard, California
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I haven't even stayed at the Holiday Inn San Diego -Sorrento Valley yet and I am already impressed with the employees working there. I needed to make changes in my reservation due to illness and Hotels .com wouldn't help. I first spoke to Eli at the Holiday Inn who explained the situation to me and gave me the managers name and time she would be in. The next day I spoke with the general manager ,Alicia Santos ,who went above and beyond to accommodate my needs. With employees like this who care about their customers is why I choose Holiday Inn Expresses for my travel needs

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Mary,
I am so pleased to hear that the staff at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley have been able to "already impress", you. At our hotel, we understand that you are our guest and that is it our job to make you feel like one, even when you have yet to stay. We also understand that circumstances change and we do our absolute best to accommodate our guest. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your experience, I do hope that you get well soon!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 16, 2013

HIE is very clean, fairly nice pool, and a Chili's right outside the front door. Staff is very courteous, wifi isn't too bad. Located only 25 minutes from the airport which makes it an easy place to get to after a long flight.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley and for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We know that traveling on business can be exhausting, and I am pleased that your stay with us was and take advantage of our amenities we offer. We hope to have you stay with us again when you are in San Diego!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I brought two kids and grandma along to have fun while I attended a training all day during the week. Very pleasant management, front office staff, and driver. Breakfast each morning saved on costs. A shuttle took me to the training daily. Washing machine and dryer on the floor was a plus. Hotel couldn't have been more clean. Felt like we were staying in a brand new hotel. Free wi-fi too. Can't say enough positive comments about this hotel and its staff. One of the most pleasant hotel stays I've had in a long while.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley. I am so pleased that you and your family had such an "excellent week-long stay". Here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley, we strive to give the best service to all of our guests in everything that we can. I am thrilled as well that we were able to accommodate you with our hotel Shuttle. We would love to have you and your family be our guests again when you are in San Diego and thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express.
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights for business. The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. That was the most notable thing about the trip.

The room was clean with a comfortable bed, although the pillows were a little lumpy...it was also quiet. There's a small pool out back. There was no safe in the room, but there was a fridge.

In terms of location, there are minimal places within walking distance to eat. The hotel shares a parking lot with a Chili's (mexican chain restaurant). There is pretty much nowhere that will deliver to the hotel, with the exception of pizza (unless you meet a ridiculous delivery minimum or pay a crazy delivery charge). You'd have to drive anywhere else to eat. There's a Karl Strauss Brewery nearby which is quite hidden but a nice ambiance and good!

I wouldn't mind staying here again, although I'd try to find something at a bit of a more convenient location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SD_GM92131, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I am so pleased to hear that your experience with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Diego Sorrento Valley was "incredibly friendly and accommodating". We strive to give the best experience to all of our guests and I am so happy you were no exception. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and we hope to have you return and stay with us again!