Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$241
$179
$599
Fairmont.com
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
  • Restaurant
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$181
  • Pool
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$251
Official Site
$262
$219
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$189
$179
$149
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$167
$139
  • Restaurant
All reviewschili's restaurantfront deskhi expressyogurtla jollarooms are bigbusiness tripbusiness hotelthe general managerthe breakfast areafree breakfastnice hotelstaff was friendly and helpfulquiet locationhotel is locatedminute driveclean rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Hotel desk manager Ester deserves a special thank for her attentiveness to myself . She never gets frustrated or loses her smile even with rude hotel guests. This entire hotel staff will do everything possible to resolve any problem there, though do not expect such after check-in.

Room Tip: no special views in hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
JasonSD12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley and telling other travelers about your stay. We are elated to hear that you found our desk manager, Ester as well as the rest of our staff to be “friendly and helpful”. We take pride in striving to provide guests with more than exceptional guest experiences and are glad you took notice at check in. I also thank you for bringing up that your concern that after check in that this was not the case. Please know that we are following up with our staff to ensure that even after check in, that this should not be an exception and that all issues should be taken care of in a prompt and timely manner. Thank you again for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

The Sorrento Valley is close to a major highway and byways, easy drive to Lajolla, the airport, zoo or downtown. However less costly than staying downtown.
Also, very quiet neighborhood.

Helpful staff. This is the place to go to spend about 10$ extra per night but be in a hotel instead of a motel. Small pool, but even if big I wouldn't have used it.

I'm nearly six feet tall, and I fit under the shower head with room to spare, I appreciate large bathrooms, room for two adults.

Room Tip: Cheapest room is great
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
JasonSD12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley and telling other travelers about your experience. We are glad to hear that you found us to be at a “great location.” We are fortunate to be in a great location that gives such as yourself an easy access drive to La Jolla, the airport, San Diego Zoo and Downtown. We are also glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary deluxe hot breakfast during your visit. We strive in providing guests with quality service and rooms at a reasonable price and are appreciative that you were able to take notice. We thank you again for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley and hope to see you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

I always stay in Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley when I'm in San Diego, they always welcome me with a bag of goodies that at least make me feel good... All personnel is always very nice and I would like to give a special thank to Elisa Santos for all her help and as always she is very helpful, I really appreciate it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley. We are elated to have you as a loyal customer and are thrilled that you again had a great stay during your recent visit in San Diego. Whether or not you are a guest traveling for business or pleasure, we strive in providing guests with exceptional guest experiences like yours and are glad that this was no exception. We thank you again for taking the time to tell other travelers about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley and look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

I love this hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is unbeatable, and the employees are probably the nicest people of any hotel I have stayed in before. I'll keep coming back. My only comment (and I've seen this in other Holiday Inns) is the toilet paper. I don't think anyone who builds these hotels has ever sat down and used the toilet. If they had, they would hate it. You have to be a contortionist to be able to reach the toilet paper behind you when you are done. To make it worse, there is this stupid cosmetic metal shield that hangs over the roll which is supposed to look nice. The only problem is that it rips every single sheet of toilet paper one at a time because the toilet paper is thin... So by the time I am done going, my wrist, back and neck all hurt from trying to reach around and tear off one sheet at a time. Seriously, I am surprised that guests haven't tried to rip the thing off. I tried to put it behind the roll, but it didn't work. What's funny is that I asked other people at breakfast, and they all agreed and said the same thing. I just don't think anyone has thought to mention it before. Maybe someone from Intercontinental Hotels will read this and change the design going forward.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank miami33029
Reviewed December 1, 2011

This is probably not the hotel you want to stay at for a long trip or if your traveling with family.

Simple rooms with bare basic features, but cost effective and great when your a tourist on a budget.!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
JasonSD12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate your taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley. We are glad you found our hotel to be “cost effective and great”. We also appreciate your bringing your concerns to our attention. Guests like you only help make our job easier to address and fix them. I understand how frustrating it felt to not have everything in your room up to standards you may be used to. We pride ourselves on maintaining our hotels above brand standards. I am sorry for these inconveniences. I also wanted to let you know that we have listened to your and a few other guests and plan to “refresh” the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley and upgrade the amenities later this year. I hope you will reconsider when you come visit in the future. Thank you.