“For the price, it's a good value.”

Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa
Ranked #228 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed January 14, 2014

It's clean, inexpensive, has kitchen amenities, basic Internet. No frills, and the sheets and towels are really cheap. It's very convenient to where I work (just a mile up the road), and I don't have to commute on 805, so traffic is fine. You get what you pay for here - basic accommodation.

Room Tip: Stay away from Mira Mesa side of the hotel - quite noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Cliff R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Cliff - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure you are provided with a clean, comfortable room while you are our guest. I am glad that we were able to do that for you!

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa

Reviewed January 1, 2014

the property well lit with lots of trees, easy access to andi15 and 805 free ways, very patient and accommodating staff members, housekeeping and maintenance technician, good location with plenty of restaurants stores and gas stations nearby.pets are allowed it doesn't feel stuffy, rushed or commercialized to profit. Hotel works with guest concerning price reductions for longer stays.

• Stayed: December 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to recognize the level of great service that is provided by our associates. It is great to also know that the new parking lot lighting is providing great lighted coverage. The landscaping at our hotel is something we take seriously and making sure it has a great first impression on guest like yourself.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to your continued business in the future.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Extended Stay is not fancy, but it's always $50+ cheaper that the other neighborhood hotels around Qualcomm. So it's a very solid value. Nice staff, decent & quiet rooms, easy parking and a kitchenette. Breakfast is really just a breakfast snack bar & coffee, but with all the money you save, you can afford a double-latte at Starbucks

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gary4beach
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. It's wonderful to read that our staff took such great care of you during your stay. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location as well as the many amenities we had to offer.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I am solo and here on business. Great staff (thx Biren, and the entire crew!), quiet, clean, safe, very close to work (Qualcomm) and freeway, nice parking, good laundry on site, comfortable bed and recliner, stores nearby, great kitchenette (utensils included, 2 burner stove top, nice size frig and freezer and sink, good counter space) and bathroom (shower/tub, plenty of hot water and clean towels), plenty of room, good wi-fi and CATV, grounds kept nice and clean, ability to open window and get fresh air, good AC/heat unit, blackout curtains, plenty of closet and cabinet and drawer space, free local calls, plenty of lighting inside and out, expensive but welcome to SD, located in a corporate buildings area, beach/ocean close by (10-20 mins), iron and ironing board, coffee/fruit/muffins in lobby during AM, got a good deal from their online corporate program. I recommend Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa for your stay.
I'm very grateful to have found such a nice place to stay for a few months. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter and have OK views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My 16 year old daughter and I were relocating to SanDiego from Virginia, the car broke down in Kansas, had to rent a truck to finish the trip and get car to shop. Many hotel stays, lots of "truck legs". Still feeling the effects of time changes. In our final stop, we found our home away from home in this wonderful Extended Stay America hotel. Highly recommended for other highway travelers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Kristina - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that your experience with us was a great one. Your comments were shared with the staff and they were truly honored to have provided for you and your daughter. We all look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Saw this location and with blind faith reserved a room for the weekend. What a pleasant surprise. If a simple 5 minute drive down 805 is acceptable and more people knew about this location, there would be a lot of vacancies in Mission Valley and Hotel Circle!
The gentlemen working when I arrived was on the phone giving directions (quite patiently) while helping the first group of people to check in. He was courteous, professional and made a point to explain EXACTLY what the office hours are. (basically no one is standing there in the middle of the afternoon, but always a person on call on premises)
Although some may consider it a negative, that to reach every store imaginable is a 3 minute drive down a local street, I found this to be an added plus. No 7/11 next door with it's noise, trash and street urchins thank you very much. Your kids and teenagers may be bored but that's it.
Instead a quiet, relaxed property with ample parking close to your room, easy in and out driveway, no trash, noise, foot or car traffic surrounded by trees. Next to an industrial complex so very quiet on weekends no problem taking a nice walk safely. Thank you Extended Stay (liked the kitchenette!) everything made sense and "Cents". See you next time!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Susan - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you were able to experience a clean, convenient, quite and comfortable stay with us. I will share your comments with the staff and we will continue to provide guests with the great service they expect.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I wouldn´t stay in this hotel again.
I booked it through Hotwire secret hotels and paid $85 for one night (inc taxes) (saturday Aug 24th)

Bad Management, not that cheap, the area is close to lots of big companies so might be convenient if you work in the area, but doesn't have anything else close by. Other hotels were close and looked better, so try them.

Reception desk seems to be always closed because there is only one person working at the hotel, so sometimes this person has to go somewhere and you will find a sign "I will come back in 15 minutes".... so expect delays in checking or whatever you need to ask. At least it would be more convenient to know at what time she had left instead of knowing she will come back whenever she can.
Though the receptionist was very nice and I guess the management wants to save money by putting only one person at the reception.

The room was smelly, even after we opened the door and window for a while... the AC system doesn't really renew the air so you will be stuck with it.

Once I was already in bed I saw 2 cockroaches walking on my night stand !!!!! I would have liked taking a picture at this time, but my phone was actually on the night stand and I wasn't brave and quick enough to take it.... I spent all night having nightmare about it. I didn't call at this time the reception, because I just though all rooms must be the same and didn't want to move all my stuff at 12 am.

Next morning when I wanted to notify this, the reception desk was once again closed for 15 minutes (or more).. other people were also waiting and I just left without notifying it to them ... but thought of sending this review to tripadvisor.

Breakfast is on the go, but don't even provide bread or bagels, only muffins in plastic wraps.. include apples, coffee and cereal bars as well.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room facing the boulevard,
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, our maintenance staff is working to eliminate the slight odor you noticed.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at mme@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.