“Great Place for ESRI Conference”

Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #72 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Atlanta, United States
“Great Place for ESRI Conference”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton for two days during the 2014 ESRI User Conference. Although my check in was not until noon I was allowed to leave my bags with concierge as I attended the Plenary session of the UC. I was able to get rest and recover from jet lag a little easier thanks to the comfortable bed in the hotel room. The bathrooms are cleaned very well and the service was good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This Hilton is in a great location with the conference centre so close and being right next to many great restaurants in the gaslamp quarter. The rooms are nice but nothing special, really the location is this hotels best asset. Breakfast was good and the staff very friendly. The pool was a little disappointing without a jacuzzi however if you ask you can get access to the Hard Rock Hotels pool which is really nice. Overall a good hotel for a business stay going to the conference.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We chose this hotel for its proximity to PETCO park. Could not have asked for a better location. Its just two block from the park. You can walk to everything in the area! The trains is just next to the hotel. Room was clean and fresh. Had a great stay.

Beware that parking is expensive and ONLY valet. Though you can take your car in and out as many time as you want without additional charges. Though you don't need it because you can walk everywhere.

Room Tip: Get rooms as high up as possible. They have the best views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed July 21, 2014

As a dedicated Hilton franchise traveler I have to say that this is one of my favorite hotels. The service, room, location and hotel amenities are top notch. This past week I was staying at this hotel for business. When I arrived I informed them that I pinched a nerve in my back from all of the travel I had done earlier in the day. They were able to upgrade me to a 'Loft' suite with a whirlpool Jacuzzi to help with the back pain. My birthday was the following day, not only did they give me a ticket voucher for a meal and a drink that evening but they also had 2 beers waiting for me when I returned back to my hotel that evening (of my birthday). Being a Hilton Honors member is a must to take advantage of this hotel stay experience and the ability to upgrade to a higher quality hotel room. I look forward to staying at this hotel each year.

Room Tip: I would always ask if they have a room to help with your stay. A room within the hotel will be let...
EMIGRANT, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Hotel was very clean and comfortable. I did not hear one hotel noise inside my room. It was nice to have windows that opened to take in the fresh air. Food was good and staff was accomodating. I would stay here again for business and pleasure.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business for a week. Great location with tons of restaurants nearby within walking distance. Courteous valet and hotel staff. Definitely on par with Hilton four/five star standards. Would stay with again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I visit San Diego frequently and usually stay in Down Town. The location is great and just minutes away from the SAN Diego hype. During my stay the Hotel offered Valet parking for $40!!!! That's just nuttsssss! I recommend self parking since it is about half the price. I looked for an outlet for my phone and saw a dirty sock or something behind the dresser. I did not touch nor mention it to the front desk because I forgot but it still might be there. The room was outdated but the bed was very comfortable. Never a fan of carpet but whatever. The trains kept waking me up throughout the night not nice. Our neighbors were a little loud but we managed to sleep through it. Later check out time than most hotels was nice. The staff was nice too. only stayed one night and felt like it was way over priced. Oh and our clock was had the wrong time by an hour. I don't think I will stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends