“Perfect for convention, and a pleasant atmosphere”

Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #72 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
“Perfect for convention, and a pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Three nights here. Great bed. Comfortable and spacious room (in the Lofts section, a separate building from the main one). Nice pool, heated. Two minutes walk to convention center. Restaurants all around. Walking trail, and parks nearby.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, FL
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was excited to go to San DIego for a company meeting. The Gaslamp is the historic portion of this California city on the water. It was the old train station back when...yes...it was all gaslamps. They have taken the old luggage carts and made them into interesting planters filled with dessert succulents. Lots of great things to see...the San Diego Zoo is not far away. The airport is right in town...and plenty of places to eat in the Gaslamp district. Yes, the train is close by but I never heard a thing. The pool is outside, and unheated. So only good for part of the year. The rooms were spacious and clean. I had one meal at the restaurant and it was fine. The meeting rooms are just off the second floor, and my ony note was ll the windows in the meeting rooms looked dirty. Might be the salt air. All in all, a good experience. I would go back. I felt a little ripped off by the expensive cab ride to the airport. A hotel shuttle would be a nice addition. My room was being made up just as I returned from all the morning meeting...when I wanted a anp...so the staff could be more in touch with the occupants itinerary, which is easy when they are there for meetings! Great view overlooking a very active dog park....and I was missing my bow wow kids...

Room Tip: Go for the park view. Higher rooms have a little balcony with opening doors, if you like that.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Middletown, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Gaslamp. The staff was friendly, attentive and available. Overall my impression of the hotel was between very good and excellent. I'm sure if you chose this hotel, you'd find that it would meet your expectations.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I thought this hotel was great! It's in a great location in the Gaslamp area! Really at the beginning of the Gaslamp area. It has some unique touches around the hotel a great terrace (could be a little better ambiance though) the terrace has a some historical touches as well! The pool is nice, I don't think it's heated though. Our room was beautiful overlooking the terrace and the city behind the hotel. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful with directions, forgotten toothbrush, wifi and really anything we inquired about. The hotel itself is really nice and updated I would recommend this place most definitely and would stay here again! The only thing I could say could be better is I found the bar service to be extremely slow, but that can be overlooked! There's lots of restraunts and bars just outside the hotel! If you get a chance I would recommend going to Corando island! Just beautiful and great views of SD from there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMHiltonGaslamp, General Manager at Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review as we share all guest comments with our team members. The hotel really is the "perfect" location for convenience to the dynamic Gaslamp district, Petco Park and several area attractions. We appreciate your comments on our friendly staff and I apologize for any challenges with our bar service speed and I will review this with our team. Thank you again for your kind comments and we look forward to your next visit to San Diego.
Los Alamitos, California
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I was eating dinner at the restaurant in the hotel, and thought I saw something small and brown out of the corner of my eye. So I out my glasses on and watched a cockroach run up to me and hide under the leg of my chair.

I waited to see if it would move. It didn't. So I took off my shoe and nudged it's butt, and when it ran I smashed it.

The waitress walked by a few minutes later, and I told her she needed to get some napkins. She asked why so I pointed to the dead cockroach and she hurriedly cleaned it up.

And guess what kind of discount she gave me....
Nada. Nothing. Zip. Zilch.

At least my hotel room was nice and comfy. But I had to check the hotel bill for accuracy. They tried to bill me for something I didn't have. Other than that, the staff were wonderful!!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. I sincerely apologize for the issue that you encountered during your stay in our restaurant. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.
Hampton, VA
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was on the 12th floor and had a great view! The room was huge and so comfy and clean! I had view of the train and has ear-plugs on my end table as described in other reviews. However, I never needed them. I never heard anything. Maybe being up that high made a difference. I did hear other people complain about the bar noise they heard all night. Again, I didn't notice. The hotel was beautiful and the staff very friendly & helpful. We could walk anywhere from our hotel - shopping or restaurants. The convention center was right across street so very easy for the convention I was attending. Valet just outside entrance could get taxis for us right away so no need for a car. For a very nice expensive restaurant, I did think it was silly that they charge $3.50 for the bottled water in the rooms. Most hotels have bottled water as a free convenience for their guests now. Plus, there was a charge for wi-fi and it was a ridiculous amount. Being there on business I found that very frustrating. Besides being nickel & dimed for things, I really did enjoy this hotel and especially the location.

Room Tip: Get a room on highest floor possible - think 12th was the highest floor. It was a wonderful view and...
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This isn't the best, and slightly overpriced. The rooms are small and old and need updating. The bathrooms need vents for humidity. The pool/spa not worth going to. Tiny and ugly. Great service though. Won't stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts