Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Pendry San Diego(San Diego)
  • Room Service
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)
J Street Inn(San Diego)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Island Inn(San Diego)
  • Fitness center
2,057 results
All reviewsconvention centergaslamp quartergreat locationloft roompetco parktrain tracksvalet parkinglight railthe gas lamp districtwithin walking distanceper nightdirectly across the streetrestaurants and barstwo blocksfront desk stafftrolley stopvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I thought this Hilton was very nice, it is really in a perfect location if you want to stay in the Gaslamp district. The rooms were nice, clean. We were on the 12th floor so we did not hear any noise from the street below. Breakfast was great, perfect way to start our day. You are also close to Seaside Village - which is a great place to run or walk in the morning. I walked and was gone for about an hour. My only complaint is the parking situation. To valet is $40 per night, I attempted to find a garage or a parking lot in the vicinity, but, was unable to find anywhere that appeared to be safe and that I could park for the entire night so I just bit the bullet and used the valet service.

Room Tip: The higher floors are quieter I imagine.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHiltonGaslamp, General Manager at Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review as we share all guest comments with our staff. The hotel does enjoy a great location and is very convenient to the Gaslamp district, Seaport village and many other city attractions including the convention center. We appreciate your comments on our "Great Location" and "Great Breakfast". We look forward to your next visit to San Diego.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had stayed in the loft area previously and had a good experience. I usually stay at the Marriott, but thought I would give this another try, as they don't charge to receive my convention pop-up.

The desk said that my room had been renovated, but there was no evidence of that. In fact it was looking pretty tired. I had several problems: my cell coverage was horrible; I had to stand at the window to get a signal; this is bad, as I use my phone as a hot spot. The lamp next to the bed did not work; the light in the closet stayed on constantly; the stopper in the sink was broken; shower handle was loose; the showerhead was old and all the settings on it were completely worn off; the tile on the shower wall had a horizontal crack about 3 feet long and the grout was stained; the next morning housekeeping did not replace the coffee, I called to get some sent up, but had to call again an hour later to remind them. The room had only a chair with a vinyl cover.

From the fire plan it looked like I got one of the smallest rooms, so I may have just been unlucky, but I wasn't happy with the maintenance of the room.

The location is good. The staff was very pleasant. However, they would not give me late checkout. I'm going back to the Marriott next year.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review of the hotel. We appreciate this feedback as it allows us to improve our services as we share all reviews with our staff. I apologize that you had some issues with your room as noted in the review. Our housekeeping staff normally receives high marks on our guest feedback channels and this is not typical of the high standards that we strive for. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our "very pleasant staff". We hope to have future opportunities to serve you to your complete satisfaction.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a great hotel. I stayed in the Loft section of the hotel and it honestly felt my own little townhouse. The staff was very nice and the location is obviously great - Gaslamp is where you want to be in SD and it is very easy to get on the freeways to hit the other spots (La Jolla, Del Mar). Highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Stay in Loft area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
GMHiltonGaslamp, General Manager at Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your five star review of the hotel and high recommendation for the hotel. We do enjoy a great location and are very convenient to the Gaslamp district as well as the convention center and local attractions. Our newly renovated loft rooms are very special accommodations and truly one of a kind in San Diego. We appreciate your comments on our friendly staff and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights due to a conference I attended at the convention center. This Hilton is literally 15 minutes from the airport, right next to the Amtrac and commuter train lines. It is also, as noted, within easy walking distance to Petco Park and in the heart of the Gaslamp distance. I timed it and it took me 5 minutes to walk to the convention center. I found the staff friendly and helpful, but I am a very friendly person myself. The rooms were typical Hilton, the beds were VERY comfy. I heard the trains only one time, one night during my stay, but I did take the advice of earlier reviews and requested a room away from the street, so that may have helped with the noise - of which I really had none. Really liked the outside lounge area off the restaurant with its comfy big chairs and sofas and firepits. Several of my colleagues who were not staying there asked to come back there with me for drinks and appetizers a couple of evenings. Yes, the front of the hotel is facing a dog park and there are quite a few homeless people sitting on the benches in the park daily. Perhaps, because I deal with the homeless every day as an ER nurse, they did not frighten me at all. I was disappointed to have to pay $12 a day for wifi, though.

Room Tip: I'd agree with the poster who recommended asking for a room facing the inner courtyard across from the Lofts, on a higher floor.
Reviewed September 20, 2012

As many have commented, the location is absolutely perfect whether you're attending an event at the convention center, getting away for a weekend with your significant other or spending time with the family in SD. On top of that, their customer service is incredible and worked with me about a reschedule/cancellation even though I was within their cancellation period. That level of service blew me away as did the hotel and its staff once I was able to visit. Thank you to all the staff at the hotel and cannot wait to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your five star "Over the Top Customer Service" review of the hotel. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post a review as we share all guest comments with our staff. The hotel does enjoy a great location and is very convenient to the Gaslamp district as well as Petco park and several area attractions. We appreciate your comments on our friendly staff and we look forward to your next visit to San Diego.