The quality of the service at the front desk was hit and miss but overall average. We reserved a two bedroom (connected room). The elevator IS slow and the hotel might not be very handicapped friendly. The building is old but the furnishings, carpets and overall design is updated and fresh. If you don't mind stairs, there's also a rooftop that offers great views and nobody was ever up there which made it nice and private. HOT TIP::: If you want to bypass the elevator (which is the bigest pain at this hotel) , the lady at the front desk told me to reserve a lower floor next time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style hotel is centrally located in San Diego's exciting Gaslamp Quarter. We invite you to step back in time to the elegant comforts, friendly hospitality and impeccable service of a bygone era. Opened in 1913 as the St. James Hotel, San Diego's original high-rise luxury hotel, our beautifully restored property is an oasis of historic style for leisure and business travelers. We are 6 1/2 blocks from San Diego's waterfront convention center. It's a pleasant 7 minute walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn And Suites Gaslamp/Convention Center
- Ramada Inn & Suites Gaslamp/ Hotel San Diego
- Ramada Inn San Diego
- Ramada San Diego