I stayed at this hotel with a friend for 3 nights. We were in town for a convention.
-Gaslamp location, close to the convention center
-Large suites with televisions in each bedroom.
-Old unrenovated building with old fixtures, slow elevators and dank feeling.
-Bathroom was visibly dirty when we checked in. However, the hotel staff immediately cleaned up when we complained.
-Layout was strange: two separate rooms with bathroom in hallway. The bathroom had only a toilet and a shower-- no sink! On top of that, only one of the bedrooms had a sink in it, so the person staying in the second room had to walk in to the other bedroom just to wash hands or brush teeth. So strange!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style hotel is centrally located in San Diego's exciting Gaslamp Quarter. We invite you to step back in time to the elegant comforts, friendly hospitality and impeccable service of a bygone era. Opened in 1913 as the St. James Hotel, San Diego's original high-rise luxury hotel, our beautifully restored property is an oasis of historic style for leisure and business travelers. We are 6 1/2 blocks from San Diego's waterfront convention center. It's a pleasant 7 minute walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn And Suites Gaslamp/Convention Center
- Ramada Inn & Suites Gaslamp/ Hotel San Diego
- Ramada Inn San Diego
- Ramada San Diego